Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hiding Rolls by Default

Hey all, I figure this must have a simple answer, but I cannot find it. I've used roll20 for years, but there seems to have been some change recently.  It used to be that as a DM, all of my rolls were automatically hidden from my players.  Now though, when I click a monster's attack, my players can all see the roll, damage, and any special text (like the Con save a player needs to avoid being paralyzed by a Ghoul). I would prefer my players not see this info, both so I can fudge a roll if needed, and so they don't know special things with attacks.  But I don't want to have to type /gm or whatever it is before every roll.  Is there some setting I can hit to make this default for me?
Hi Mark You are usually able to specify this on the tokens character sheet, in the case of 5e ogl it would look like this;  It is similar for 5e shaped, and as far as I know for other systems as well. I also believe you can set some default settings for this behavior in the game settings. Here: 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Also, if you change this in game settings, you can apply it to all existing characters by going to the settings tab in game and scrolling to the bottom and clicking Apply Default Settings. You will probably need to adjust the PCs after doing that. 
I didnt see the Whisper Roll option for my AD&D1e game. But I did just figure out how to split the attack roll so only I can see the damage by editing the Macro. WHOOO HOOOO! I'm pretty new to macros so I kinda surprised my self. All that being said, is the an easier way for me to do this than editing every players macros?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It will depend on the Character Sheet.
Thanks guys, this seems to have fixed the problem.  A little annoying, but not too hard, especially with the apply to all, and then just changing the five PCs.  I was concerned at first that I'd have to go through and change every single NPC.