Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Android Mobile App 1.8.0 - Bug Report Thread

Edited 1537895818
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The Android Mobile App is being rolled out to users this week via the Google Play store! Known Issues: The first character sheet you select may not be able to switch tabs. The workaround is to close the game and reopen it. Tapping the dice icons in the Basic Rolls panel is finicky and doesn't always roll. Entering the dice roll into the chat window works as normal. Compendium links in handouts open in mobile web browser. Compendium sharing does not work in the app. Dice matching does not work in the mobile app. Rolling for initiative in the 5e sheet does not send to the tracker because you cannot select a token. Note: The Android app can now be run on a cell phone, but is still recommended for devices with screens of 7" or larger. The iOS version of the mobile app has not been updated. The technical challenges to updating it are much higher than for the Android app; we are continuing to explore solutions. Please report any feedback or bugs to this thread! Thank you!
Choose campaign screen doesnt populate on a note 4
Hi, one little question. Can I select maps in the app? 
Currently the native Android app does not support the ability to manipulate maps. Ansur el viajero. said: Hi, one little question. Can I select maps in the app? 
Good evening @ all.  I've installed roll20 v.1.8.0 on my Lonovo YogaBook (Model n° YB1-X90L) with Android 7.1.1 and wanted to try it. But if I want to open it the app crashes. Anyone else with that problem? Any ideas what I can do?
I tried on my Acer Chromebook, but instant crash. Luckily i can still use the web version.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the feedback on the crashes, Michael and John. I don't have a fix for you at this time. Did you have the previous version installed beforehand, and if so, did you uninstall it before installing the new one? You might try an uninstall/reinstall as an early troubleshooting step that sometimes fixes that kind of issue.
Just installed the Roll20 app on my Samsung 10" tablet. Logged inn and loaded up the campaign, but for some reason I can't see the map. Nor is there a option to anything Maprelated. As the GM this makes the great idea of a roll20 app, not so great. Is a fix for this? With premium I could just run it on the tablet browser...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The App is not intended to utilize maps or tokens. From the wiki : Roll20 for iPad and Roll20 for Android are  free-to-use mobile tablet applications focused on player-specific portions of Roll20. The simplest summary of what these applications are aimed to do would be "things you hold in your hand" at an in-person gaming table. That includes: digital dice, character sheets, handouts, and rules (compendium). To tie these features together, there is also access to Roll20's text chat features. Not included in the applications are tokens, maps, voice chat, video chat, and other tabletop functionality.  Roll20 for iPad  and  Roll20 for Android  are usable both at a physical table and with the Roll20 virtual tabletop.
Hi. I just downloaded the app. And all that will load up is the top bar . The rest of the screen is blank . I have tried re install , didn't work ! Please help !
As a DM with a tight schedule I often use the mobile app to prepare the next session on the go, while commuting etc. Specifically reading the module. Texts in the modules often contain links to other sheets in the module or the compendium. In android, it would be nice to map the back button so it brings you back in link jumping history, as in a web browser, instead for kicking you out to the game selection screen as it does now.
It would be nice if we could change the size of or eliminate the windows in the chat tab. We use this app for in person play so the windows that let us roll dice and show 3D rolling are not really necessary. Also still hoping for the compendium sharing to be fixed soon
Moving report here: Tia T.  said: I have a Google Pixel 1, and I just downloaded the app. When I go to find games, I just get a white screen? I can't access or browse anything
Moving report here: Mike F.  said: So I've been trying out the Android app, and it has a problem loading up the compendium. All it shows me is a blank white screen.