I've been using the spellbook from Craven's Power Card Spell Book  which is awesome!  I also am using the 5e OGL Character Sheet Companion API to track use of spell slots. Most of my players are pretty new, so in deciding which spell to cast, they bring up their spellbook and click on a spell or two to read the description.  However, this "research" counts as a spell slot and (for attack spells) rolls damage. What I'm looking for is a solution that allows my spell casters to send a spell description to the chat without rolling for damage or counting as a spell slot.  In a perfect world the spellbook macro would list every spell and right next to each spell button would be a "desc" button that could be clicked for this purpose.  That seemed too difficult to implement, so I tried a different solution.  I created a character "Druid Spells" and copied all druid spells into its character sheet.  I then duplicated the spellbook macro to reference "Druid Spells" instead of the character themselves.  I hoped that although it would roll damage for attack spells, at least "research" would only cost Druid Spells' spell slots, which we could ignore.  My PC Druid's spell slots would be untouched until she actually casts the spell (from her own spellbook).  Unfortunately, this macro (included below) isn't working.  It brings up a spellbook listing Druid Spells' prepared spells, but when I click one of the buttons the spell description isn't displaying, only the spell name and school. So I'm hoping that someone either has a more elegant solution to this issue or can help me figure out what mistake(s) I've made with the "Spell Research" macro. Mahalo! !power {{ --emote|** @{selected|token_name} researches Druid Spells ** --titlebackground|none --titlefontshadow|none --whisper|@{selected|character_name},GM --corners|10 --format|atwill --name|^^All Druid Spells --spell_list|@{Druid Spells|character_id} }}