Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Different languages on website and character sheet

I would like to use the website in english because most documentation and forum about it is in english.  I would like to use the character sheet in my game in german, because I play a game that is originally in the german language. Recently the author of the sheet added support for different languages - which I think is good! But the used language is determined by the language used for the site, which makes my sheet english by default - which I don't want. So I either have to have the website in german or have the sheet in english, which I don't want. Can we have an option for character sheet language, please?

Edited 1539614018
Bast L.
API Scripter
That makes sense. I had no idea it translated the forums. I figured the sheet translations could be applied more easily, as they are fairly static (I thought they had manual translations put in, hence the "translator" tag for certain users). edit: though maybe it should be "Game" and "Site", rather than "Sheet" and "Site", that way, everything in and on the game page could translate?

Edited 1539642226
Thanks for the vote! :) There might be a misunderstanding. I'd like to have my game page (including tools and menubuttons) in english, so it matches the tips and tricks I read in the wiki or the forumposts (which are not translated when choosing a language other than english). The problem is the translation of tools and menubuttons etc. is not done word by word (and it shouldn't). So for example if in a forumtip it says "select 'Journal'" in german I would look for 'Tagebuch'. There is no 'Tagebuch' in the game. I do find 'Notizbuch' which translates to 'Notebook'. Ok, that's close enough, but I can't be sure it's really the thing I'm looking for. In the language of computers 'Journal' and 'Notebook' are two very different things. If I read in a post in the API-forum to "use the jukebox" I think it's a script I need to install. Vanilla Roll20 in german doesn't have a jukebox. It has a musicbox. This might sound picky, but it slows me down in my preparation.  The sheet should be in german so it matches the rulebooks I use.  Until recently I could have the site and gamethings in english and the sheet in german, because german was the only language this particular sheet provided. With an update to the sheet other languages were added (which is good) and that "broke" it for me, because now my sheet is in english.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .