Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Community Character Sheet Vs Paizo Official one; Question to Roll20 developers.

Edited 1541050616
I have heard from others in my group for War for the Crown that the Paizo official character sheet isn't the most intuitive. Speaking specifically from what others in my group have said, it is awful/terrible was their description. But, the DM wants to use this sheet for whatever personal reason, so I have a sort of challenge or question for the Roll20 staff. Is there no way possible you could enable it within your system to allow the DM to use this Paizo official sheet the way the DM wants to and allow us, players, to use the community created character sheet for the players? It would completely alleviate the problem we, the players, are having currently. Thank you for your time reading this. TLDR: I want to use multiple different types of character sheets in a single game rather than being locked into a single one that the players do not want to use.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Unfortunately, a given game can have exactly one character sheet. There are a good number of reasons for this, but in terms of practicality, it overlays a common set of attributes across the characters of the campaign. For instance, if your macro or script need to reference a dexterity modifier for the purposes of making a saving throw, one sheet might reference @(character_name|dex_mod}, another might call @(character_name|dexmod}, or @(character_name|dexterity_modifier}, or even @(character_name|dex_save_mod}. The underlying interactivity between characters would be broken. What you can do, is try to find the specific problems, and then post in one of the threads dedicated to that sheet. There might be workarounds or features you or your players are unaware of. Beyond that, the players and GM must come to some kind of compromise.

Edited 1541083477
keithcurtis said: Unfortunately, a given game can have exactly one character sheet. There are a good number of reasons for this, but in terms of practicality, it overlays a common set of attributes across the characters of the campaign. For instance, if your macro or script need to reference a dexterity modifier for the purposes of making a saving throw, one sheet might reference @(character_name|dex_mod}, another might call @(character_name|dexmod}, or @(character_name|dexterity_modifier}, or even @(character_name|dex_save_mod}. The underlying interactivity between characters would be broken. What you can do, is try to find the specific problems, and then post in one of the threads dedicated to that sheet. There might be workarounds or features you or your players are unaware of. Beyond that, the players and GM must come to some kind of compromise. Alright then, can you direct me to the appropriate place, so that I may take my grievances to the developers of the Paizo official sheet?

Edited 1541084477
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The sheet where you would want to seek assistance is here . You might want to read through the last few posts. The developer has been very helpful in addressing concerns.
Thanks!