Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Optional Whisper of Ability

DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I have multiple characters that hold abilities, including many game rules (this is so I can make inline buttons on other abilities to look up said rule on the fly when needed). I want to add the ability to choose between whispering and posting to chat when using these abilities.  ?{Whisper?|No, |Yes, /w @{selected|character_name}} No works - it leaves a single blank and process the ability into general chat. Yes fails - it just adds the text and the processes the ability into general chat instead of a whisper.  I guess question is can it be done? if so what I am jacking up?  Thanks! 

Edited 1541614419
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yes, this can be done, but the slash command has to be the first character(s) in the line, just remove the space after the comma: ?{Whisper?|No, |Yes,/w " @{selected|character_name} " } EDIT: Also, you should wrap the character_name in quotes to properly handle names with spaces (above is corrected to show this). EDIT 2: And of course, there can't be a space before the roll query
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Thank you!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Happy rolling