Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A "Quick Reference" on mouseover for tokens

I think that the tokens should have a "Quick reference" field that can be viewed when you put the mouse over the token. I put an example in the attachment, with the mouse over the blonde girl. Also, perhaps certain syntax could be used in the field to have it auto-update things. Like {BAR1} showing the values in Bar 1 and updating itself. I think there should also be a symbol that allows for quick editing of the quick reference field.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I dug this feature in MapTools. It's applied to both tokens and items alike. What I liked most about it was that it not only displayed specified stats, but also a secondary image- like a higher quality pc/npc/item portrait. The less one has to describe of any given object on the map is a thumbs up to me.
Displaying the portrait would be a great way to enhance a game display. It would be particulary interesting when the GM is using a generic token.
The mouseover effect in MapTool is very helpful indeed and I would love to see something similar here.
I asked for something similar here: <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/903/field-for-player-editable-notes-on-player-controlled-tokens#Item_7" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/903/field-for-player-editable-notes-on-player-controlled-tokens#Item_7</a> My focus was not on a mouse-over feature, but on having some sort of text field attached to the token that players can see (and edit, if the player controls that token). But the two requests are very similar.
I really enjoy the pop-out notes feature of token objects in Map Tool, particularly the way it works with putting a token on another layer than the one your pointer is on and then clicking them causing a box containing the notes and GM notes to appear temporarily. This let me annotate important objects, for instance with notes that I could read if PCs explored them more closely than my initial description might give them, or break/lockpick DCs, that sort of thing. Additionally, the ministats/picture pop-out notes were also cool!
Upvoting this and adding that I would like to have the option to set the bars as visible only on mouseover and/or selection. To implement this, it would require adding the following checkboxes under player permissions: On Mouseover, Selection Only. If neither On Mouseover or Selection Only is checked, the name would always be visible. This would remove the need for the 'Show Nameplate' option just above the Name field. Player Permissions Name [ ] See [ ] Edit [ ] On Mouseover [ ] Selection Only See would obviously allow players to see the name of the token. Edit would allow players to edit the name of the token. On Mouseover would only show the name when the token is moused over or selected. Selection Only would only show the name when the token is selected I would also like to see a Notes section added under characters in the Journal tab that has the same options under Player Permissions. Players could populate the notes section with mini character sheets using macro variables if possible.