Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[DND 5e] A different kind of game. Any interest?

I want to run a game of 5e, but the type of game would be very different from most other games, at least in modern times. For lack of a better way to describe it and because its so apt, call it the Grimrock Start. You begin at level 1, with nothing but prison clothes on, tossed into a dungeon of traps and allowed to go free if you escape. ALA, The Legend of Grimrock. There would still be RP, but not in the traditional ways. You would not go to a Count or Lords castle, talk witht h em peacefully for 10min real time, then go to some other place and talk to another person. Instead you might see another person thrown into this prison dungeon through a barred door and they get to talk to you briefly, before they find you on the next level and do something to help you and join you, then you get seperated later due to a trap and find each other again on level 5, and so on.  You would make friends, they might die, you might find their bodies, you would meet enemies other than the traps who get away sometimes because of the traps. You would otherwise exist in the dungeon, harvesting supplies from monsters you kill, resting for spells, searching for items to arm yourself with, relying on the class abilitys or racial abilitys far more heavily than normal (now your Bite action might be useful because you dont have a weapon) Its not a normal 5e game in todays age and is far more akin to 1e.
that sounds cool i would be interested if it lines up with my time frame
timeframe would have to be decided after four people are found, its an odd game for modern players so i imagine anyone who is not an OG redbox person to really have ever experienced anything like it
yeah i have a flexable schedule so im good for most times so that probably wouldnt be a problem

Edited 1543503411
I'd love to join, it sounds very interesting. I can do any weekdays at 4:00 pm or later.
Right now I only have a time slot of Tuesday available but needs to end before 11 CST. After deciding a time, I would be interested if it falls within that slot
This sounds way cool i am definitely interested
Im interested! love to learn more, and im available if today !
I'd be very interested. I have availability on fridays after 1230 and the weekends

Edited 1543535967
I'm interested, I'm available most days after 11:00 PM EST, but after 11:30 PM EST and Mondays and Tuesdays work best.
Just a follow up since nothing has been said in the past couple days, any update on potential game times?
Sounds fun. I got some slots open atm, let me know-
Sounds interesting and unique, my interest is peeked.  I can do most days and times, just not Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays.  PM me if you'd like, I would like to know what classes and races are allowed.  I'm not really a PC home brew person, with the exception of the ranger variant.  So if it's a home brew game I probably won't be interested.
I'm quite interested in this campaign, but I have never played DnD before only Dark heresy. If the learning curve isn't too extreme, I'd be really interested.