Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Decks and duplicating cards

I just want to make sure this isn't a bug. When I create a card, it is saved to my library. When I drag the same image from my library into a new deck, well, it just isn't possible. Instead, it drops the image right on my table. There seems to be no duplication function or anything like that. Is there a better way to do this, or is this simply not a feature at the moment? I've made a corresponding Suggestions Post in case this is something that may exist in the future.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Are you creating cards in the custom deck? You need to add a card to the deck which brings up a new window where it has a space unerneath the name of the card where you drag and drop the card's front image into.
Yeah. The weird thing is that it works when I load it from the Asset Browser, but not when I load it from my library. Nevertheless, that's a workaround, so I'm good.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Ah. I see what you mean after trying that out for myself. That might not be operating as intended. I'll check with the Devs on that.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dragging images from the Art Library sidebar (what you called the Asset Browser) to decks, character sheets, handouts, etc. should work fine. If that is not working please let us know. However, the Art Library Manager (the popup window) is not designed to drop images into decks, character sheets, handouts, etc. Until late 2013 (iirc) it couldn't even drop images onto the table. That is a relatively recent addition to it's functionality.
I am trying to set up a way to Magic online with some friends using roll20, and the issue that I am having is naming each card. There isn't a way to just "duplicate cards" like there is players or journals? Dropping it from my library is very useful though.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Playing Magic seems like it would be very difficult. Each player needs the ability to set p their own decks, from the master list of cards available, and I don't think that is possible with Roll20. Except, maybe, by setting all players as GMs? Editing and tweaking decks for games seems like it would be seriously clunky too.