Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to prevent macro from creating too many chat entries.

When using the following macro... I end up with this effect. How can I make it so it stays in the same chat entry... Just a minor annoyance.

Edited 1545708267
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, you could use the default template to group it all together. &{template:default} {{name=Stat Rolls}} {{STR=[[4d6dl1]]}} {{DEX=[[4d6dl1]]}} {{CON=[[4d6dl1]]}} {{INT=[[4d6dl1]]}} {{WIS=[[4d6dl1]]}} {{CHA=[[4d6dl1]]}} If you use the emote line in front of the template, that will put out a separate line: However, if you don't feel you need the emote (since the template has a label), then you can drop the emote and it will just have the template:
I like that, thanks for the idea!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might also want to check the documentation for your sheet. There might be a roll template you like better. However, the one Kraynic has shown you will work in any game, regardless of the sheet.

Edited 1545716677
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You might also try reducing them to a single line (two lines are still produced since the content wraps, but this may help) &{template:default} {{name=Stat Rolls}} {{ STR:[[4d6dl1]] DEX:[[4d6dl1]] CON:[[4d6dl1]] INT:[[4d6dl1]] WIS:[[4d6dl1]] CHA:[[4d6dl1]] }}
Thank you so much Vance! Looks beautiful!