Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll Templates and Expanding areas

Is there a way to "click" on a toll template and make it get bigger/reveal a hidden area?  It seems to happen with the D&D 5th sheets, and I think the still-being-worked Savage Worlds sheet throws a button in a template (still trying to figure that out), but I don't know how to make it happen.  I can get the hover thing to work, but its not really what I am looking for. Any ideas?  
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I don't believe it's possible to "show/hide" sections in the chat.  The one thing I know the Official 5e sheet (and the Savage Worlds sheet I'm working on) does is to use Ability Command Buttons . On the Savage Worlds Sheet, I accomplish this via: {{DmgRoll=[Roll Damage](~repeating_weapons_dmg) }} I actually have a hidden roll button:  <button type='roll' style='display: none;' name='roll_dmg' value='@{damageOnly}'></button> I stole that idea from the OGL 5e sheet, when I was using it for a brief D&D stint.
The idea of using a button on a template to display a lot of text upon command is appealing.  "What does that power do again?" kind of thing.  Took me a bit, but I got it to work.  Now figuring out how to put it into the sheet... Speaking of which, how does one style that button?  Can it be style?

Edited 1545869639
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Coal Powered Puppet said: The idea of using a button on a template to display a lot of text upon command is appealing.  "What does that power do again?" kind of thing.  Took me a bit, but I got it to work.  Now figuring out how to put it into the sheet... Speaking of which, how does one style that button?  Can it be style? To put it in the sheet, you will need a hidden roll button so you have an ability you can call. As for styling the button...yep. You can do that: .sheet-rolltemplate-roll .sheet-templateButton > a[href^="~"], .sheet-rolltemplate-damage .sheet-templateButton > a[href^="~"] {     background-color: #900C3F;     font-weight: bold; } :) Edit: You'd of course need to swap out the appropriate roll template info...but the important bit is the > a[href^="~"]
It works! Thank you!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
:)
Okay, with these button things, how do I get them to reference a repeating field?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Are you calling them from within a repeating field, or without?
From within
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Assuming it's self-referential (meaning, you're trying to call a button from the same "row"), here's how I do it: {{DmgRoll=[Roll Damage](~repeating_weapons_dmg) }} That calls this button roll button: <button type='roll' style='display: none;' name='roll_dmg' value='@{damageOnly}'></button>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I had no idea you could call sheet button rolls like Abilities. Handy.
It works!  Thanks Finderski! And GiGs...it is really cool.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Glad to help. :)