Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting and Elevations

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks that i can use to put in Dynamic Lighting and Elevations such as a high ground of a hill with a 15 deep cliff notched at the bottom of it.   The DL will work for the peeps looking upwards at the top of the cliff. but what about when people are at the top looking down?   the DL will be blocking the lower portion of the cliff.    
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Since you are a Pro user, you might want to look at this script.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I heard some people use an invisible token assigned to everyone with the vision setup to allow people see past the DL lines. They would enable it when the characters reach a place where they could look off the cliff. I heard other people just remove the DL line when the characters reach the spot.

Edited 1546979265
First off Keith I will look at the script when u get home.  Second....Pat...that is super clever!!  Great response!  Thank you!! Edit:  Keith j got to look at the script on my phone here.  That looks really cool too!  But I've only ever installed scripts from the API script section in the game settings area though...  if you know what I'm talking about.   I will give you a PM Keith when I get home from my appt.  If you dont mind.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, it's not a one click install? Easy enough. Yeah, I can give you a hand. As for running the actual scrip though, it would be best to reach out to the author, Stephen L. I only used it when it once.

Edited 1546991094
okay I installed the script.... but the macro shortcut to click on.. i dunno what to put in it while in the game.   what commands do i put as the macro so i can one click activate it like in the Gif?  Edit: I deleted the macro and deleted the script and re-installed the script, and the macro came back, and followed the GIF from the link you gave me, and it still wont turn it into a one way DL.   :\ hmmmm Edit 2:  all i have in the macro is:  !OneWayDynamicLighting_CreateWall EDIT 3:  I GOT IT TO WORK!  its so finicky to get it to work, it took some time to work with the lines and to figure it out.  i was also working on a curved cliff too.   awesome script! 10/10 would recommend! :D 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just got home, but glad you worked it out.
now if ONLY there was a way to figure out how to do a two way DL situation... lol  you're on the bottom of the cliff but go to the ramp that leads up, and you cant look across to the other side of the cliff.   ah well.   you cant win em all hehe