Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting & movement restriction Bug - Acting as if there is an extra line, issue across multiple maps.

I'm seeing an issue with the dynamic lighting behaving as if there was an extra line drawn across the map blocking light of sight and movement. I do all my DL lines in yellow, and as can be see on the two images below, there is a diagonal line behaving like DL but not actually present in the drawn map. I'm seeing this type off odd behaviour across multiple maps.
Ok starting to get to the bottom of this, the outer circular DL line are casting a weird diagonal lines for their behaviour. If I delete the circle drawn by the circle tool and instead trace the circle as a polygon tool line, the issue goes away.

Edited 1547943659
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Circles are not recommended for Dynamic Lighting . The number of paths to calculate causes craziness to happen such as you noted. The way to do a curve or circle is with a polygon or line with multiple segments. That link will take you to the Dynamic Lighting Style Guide which is chock full of useful info. There's also this old page with tons of cool ideas and tips.
@keithcurtis Thanks for the explanation, have swapped all my circles to hand drawn with the polygon line tool. Diagram below shows why the perfect circle from the tool doesn't work.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You are a Pro user. If you are interested, there is a script out there that converts DL circle to polygons.
I second keithcurtis -- the DLEllipseDrawer API is on the one-click list.  It runs in the background, and any time you draw an ellipse/circle on the DL layer, it gets converted to a 20-sided figure when you release the cursor.  No work for you at all.  You can change the default number of sides if you want to, but 20 seems to work well.