Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Booming Blade Macro

So I've seen two different ways to write a Booming Blade damage macro for the initial bonus attack damage.  One is: [[floor((@{level} + 1)/6)]]d8 The other is: [[ceil((@{level} - 4) / 6)]]d8 The problem I'm running into is the crit damage.  For some reason, it seems to just be using @{level}d8 for the crit rolls.  It's like it's ignoring the ceil and floor parts.  For example, at level 3, the bonus damage resolves to 0d8.  But the crit damage is 3d8.  At level 5 the bonus damage is 1d8, but the crit damage is 5d8 Note: it doesn't matter if I put an extra set of brackets around the entire formula. It still resolves to 5d8 at level 5 and 3d8 at level 3.  Any body got any suggestions?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'll have to show us the full macro. It sounds like the critical damage part of it is not using the above formula.
This is part of the 5e sheet damage field.  It's not a stand alone macro.

Edited 1548189624
Is this through a Global Damage Modifier field? If so, the crit calculation cannot handle attribute calls or queries currently.
Yeah.  I was trying to make it so if I checked "Booming Blade" in the global damage then my attack roll would automatically include the extra damage, which is 0d6 for under 5 and 1d6 for under 11, etc...  It works until I crit.  Guess I'll have to wait for them to update the sheet and just have my GM ignore the crits.
What you can also do is hardcode the number of dice in the modifier and manually update the value when you reach the level threshold. So at level 5 change the damage from 1d6 to 2d6. At level 11 change the modifier to 3d6 etc.
Good suggestion.  Guess that is what I'll do until they support attributes for crits.