Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Star Trek Adventures Macros

I was wondering how I could use the official character sheet to create a series of macros to handle common tasks like ranged combat and hand to hand combat.  I tried looking at the Wiki but couldn't figure out how to make it work using the variables on the sheet. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can script them?  

Edited 1548971414
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Steven. Without the API, and if you want to use the roll template to present the roll(s) result(s), it will be kind of hard imho (if you want to dynamically use the character's attributes in the macro). That's because the sheet uses sheet workers to calculate the rolls when setting the number of dice used etc. A standard macro won't be able to set a dynamic number of dice rolls.
Natha said: Hi Steven. Without the API, and if you want to use the roll template to present the roll(s) result(s), it will be kind of hard imho (if you want to dynamically use the character's attributes in the macro). That's because the sheet uses sheet workers to calculate the rolls when setting the number of dice used etc. A standard macro won't be able to set a dynamic number of dice rolls. Thank you for the prompt and comprehensive answer.  At least I won't be driving myself barmy trying to figure out how to make it work.