Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] D&D 5e - Long time DM wants to be a player!

Edited 1549735164
Hello there! I've never actually made a post in this section of the forums before. This is mainly because I'm usually the DM at the table. This time how ever, I want to get to know some new people and experience a campaign from the player seat! About me: I live in Sweden together with my girlfriend. I'm currently 26 years old, male. I have quite a few years of experience with D&D in general, having run my own campaign for about 7 years at this point in time. I love to do character voices for my characters. I like to draw and play all sorts of games. I stream from time to time as well! What I'm looking for: I'm looking for a nice and welcoming group that are willing to take me in under their wings. I want to be able to sit down before the session starts and chat with everyone and I want to be able to stay after the session has ended to talk with everyone about what happened. I don't just want to play, I want to make friends while doing it. I want to be blown away by my fellow players characters and I want to get to know them as well as the person behind them. When it comes to the campaign setting, I'm up for most things as long as it's fantasy. If you've created your own custom world, I'd love to see it! What you can expect of me: I'll always turn up on time for the scheduled session. I'll more than likely be sitting and be ready about half an hour before play. I'll be focused and engaged during the session. I'll pay attention and take notes. I like to include others when I'm playing as well. So expect me to focus a lot of my attention towards my fellow party members. Also expect me to post memes in the discord server, if we are using one. Game Time: [ GMT+1 ] When it comes to preferences, I would prefer Saturdays. I'll be available pretty much the entire day so I'm very flexible. If you have another day in mind, we might be able to make it work depending on the time! What I'm not looking for: So, I think it's important to set the right expectations both as a DM and as a player. Which is why I'll now write a few things down that you'll know prior to sending me any messages. I don't like really bad microphones. I've had some really bad experiences with people using their static laptop microphones; or the microphone of a really old cellphone where you can barely hear the person over all the snow/white noice or simply very loud buzzing static. I'm not a big fan of homebrew rules, races, feats etc. I've been in campaigns where Gnomes didn't exist. I've been in campaigns where the gods in the books didn't exist; and I've been in campaigns where the undead did not exist because the different planes did not exist either. I don't think either of these elements added anything interesting to those campaigns. People that just turn up during the session and then vanishes until the next session. Now, there's nothing inherently wrong with just turning up to play. But I want to be able to engage with people in the group during downtime as well! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a message either here - or send me a PM! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! - Sen
Sent you a PM

Edited 1549745348
Responded! Unfortunately that was a game system of which I am not familiar with at all. Still hoping to find a group to play some D&D 5E with :)