Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Guide for backup and packing game session.

Greetings. I created an entire new board game that remember the good old (and almost dead) Hero Quest play style and I would like to know if there is any good Roll20 step-by-step tutorial about how to pack everything up in a shareable setup. When I say "everything" I mean: => The character sheets (Heroes and Monsters comes ready to play) => All ingame characters and handouts. => Rolltables => Macros => API Scrits => Maps and characters tokens (Did I forgot something...??)
41 views... 0 replies =/
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If this is completely original work with original art (or appropriately licenced) and you want to package it as a module or addon for sale on the Roll20 Marketplace, email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>.&nbsp; If you are looking to create multiple instances of something that doesn’t meet the above statement, for personal use, playing with multiple different people in your own hosted sessions, create copies of the game and invite people to the copies to play.&nbsp; If this is the Hero Quest game, with Hero Quest’s rules and graphics, packaging it to give to others would be a violation of copyright law and is not permitted or supported on Roll20.&nbsp;
It just remembers the some ideas of the HeroQuest because it's meant to be played on a squared board with minions, use the fantasy theme, it's aimed to be fast and you need to roll dice to walk with the minions, but I created the game entirely (I made sure not to copy any idea like the dice rolls and I bought&nbsp; the images with right to commercial use and the other ones I created). For now I'm testing with friends and writing the rules, PCs, NPCs, items, etc... but I plant o sell it someday. There is only one piece I'm not yet sure if I can use to sell content on roll20 - the "Rolable Tables" API that I plan to use on many macros and handouts. (can the API be used on content to be sold on roll20?)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There isn't a way to package API scripts for sale.&nbsp; If you plan to sell something in the MarketPlace, you should plan for it not to require the API.&nbsp; I'd suggest taking this discussion to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> as they can give you better direction on such things.
Ok. Thank you. =]