Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet - So Many Constraints!

I'm facing hurdles at every corner here and can't see why so much native functionality has been disabled/removed. I understand security concerns though this is something else! If you have an idea for how this can be resolved, please feel free to shoot some ideas... I have a custom popup, it's static within the Character Sheet. This should have configurable content similar to the Modifier popup box though needs a little more. I need to pass information to this popup box ideally through JS, this popup has a cancel/submit button which will perform the roll but more on that later, simple eh? I've had to workaround showing the popup through JS using CSS through checkboxes and labels within other buttons to toggle the visibility on a checkboxes state, fine. Though I've no way now to activate a button to perform a roll using any button and hide this popup. Current issues hit: No functionality to manipulate the DOM through JS from the predefined events, e.g. unrecognised element 'document' or '$'. The DOM doesn't get updated by setAttrs thus unable for any CSS to handle this. The button events [type=roll] always consume clicks presumably some under-the-hood event listeners and ignores defined pointer-events. The button events [type=action] have no way to perform a roll for a rolltemplate. So, in short, I need a way to use Roll20's functionality to perform a roll with rolltemplate and hide an element on the page with one click... ideas? If there's so much limitation could it not be allowable to customise the Modifier popup or preferably allow a bespoke popup. Thanks in advance!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
>> So, in short, I need a way to use Roll20's functionality to perform a roll with rolltemplate and hide an element on the page with one click... ideas? Unless using the API, it's not possible AFAIK.