Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hex World #2

Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hex World #2 in the Marketplace Hex Worlds is a large collection of Isometric Hex Tiles alongside hundreds of buildings and environmental props to create your own worlds. They are extremely useful to denote all the important features of each tile, so it should function perfectly to create either separate zones or an entire overworld map with towns and castles, mountains and lakes, rivers, paths and everything in between. Inside the pack: 285 Ground tiles and Mountains 215 Buildings and Environmental props Hex World series (up to this pack): Hex World #2: Snow Hex World #1: Grassland Happy Mapping!
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, this is very nice art. The style is really cool ! I would love to see some examples of what you can achieve with this set :)
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hi Pantoufle, thank you for the kind words! If you don't mind waiting a little bit, I'd like to create a small and proper demo map once the third set is out; #3 will be a desert environment with western-style buildings, possibly some pirate themes as well if the item count doesn't go too high. There will be additional sets coming after that with more buildings and props and other environments such as a rocky/lava/mount-doom type of place to have plenty to choose from for a varied overworld map. In the meantime I can only offer the marketplace previews of the 500 items included in each pack and the banner's example region. Cheers!
Gold
Forum Champion
Looks like a lot of fun. I hope to try this (in the mid-term future when I've got a new group and game starting).
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Thank you Gold, it's also a lot of fun making these!
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, thx for your answer :) Will wait so ;) Another question : do you plan to add transition tiles ? (in order to use #2 with #1 for instance)
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Not a problem! I don't think I'll be adding those tiles, though I'm still considering it. The reason is that I'd need a few thousand tiles only for the transitions, keep in mind each tile could be touching a different tile on each side and each one needs to also be rotated six times do to them being isometric and Roll20 has an upper limit of 500 items per pack. Making at least 5 packs only for transitions, and more would be required if I were to be thorough, doesn't seem like something that would interest many people. Instead I'm leaning towards the hard edges (no transitions) which would leave me more time to work on actual content for the packs to add, as that also fits with the low poly look of them. Cheers!