Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Initiative: GM Roll All

Edited 1552197267
The tool is to help us automate the manual repetitive tasks found in the normal tabletop game. There should be a single button a GM can press which opens the turn tracker and rolls initiative for all players and NPCs on the current map token layer.
As a workaround there are scripts that can do this. I use "GroupInitiative" or "CombatTracker". 
While I also use the scripts mentioned, I would also point out that auto-rolling init for all tokens on the map will cause problems for bigger maps that have creatures farther away that are not involved in that combat (and possibly still unknown to the players due to dynamic lighting / fog of war). If this is to be made a free user tool, then perhaps a button to push after selecting all desired tokens would be better?  Perhaps via macro?
Perhaps supporting this suggestion would be an alternative:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7275909/selecting-a-box-of-creatures-and-being-able-to-auto-roll-initiative-on-all-selected" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7275909/selecting-a-box-of-creatures-and-being-able-to-auto-roll-initiative-on-all-selected</a>
The problem with rolling all the tokens on the layer is that would reveal the existence (&amp; type(&amp;name)) of the other hidden monsters on the board. It would reveal the same for every monster in the dungeon map, whether they are in the fight or not due to multiple locked doors and a pit trap in the way. (Undermountain would be a huge map with many multiple baddies that would not work for this function. Use "GroupInitiative" or "GroupCheck" or "Combat Tracker" so you can select the tokens you wish to reveal to the party.
All valid refinements. I am going to take Joe's suggestion and support the other more granular solution.
That would be great, but maybe a bit challenging to implement. I would be happy if i could have a separate initiative tracker for each page, that way i could pre-roll all my NPC's before the game starts and just insert my players initiative as needed. it would be a god send for larger encounters.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
John, that is already how the initiative tracker works. The gm sees all initiatives, but the players only see the ones for the page they are currently on.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .