Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFGM] [Paid] [Pathfinder] Weekly Wednesdays 7 pm GMT -4

Edited 1552277723
Hello folks! I've been lucky enough to be a part of a long-standing group of friends playing Pathfinder for the last few years, with two of our number taking on the role of DM for us. Presently we're looking to have the opportunity to all be players rather than DM this go round; namely what we're after here is a willing and interested person to take on the role of DM. Instead of just diving right into an AP, we thought something smaller scale would be an excellent way to get to know each other and build up the camaraderie -- to that end, we'd like to run the Gallows of Madness module, but it is not required. All the necessary materials will be provided, and assuming a successful completion, we would go from there about discussing what Adventure Path the group would elect to play and our prospective DM would be interested in running. As before, if materials were needed, they can be provided.&nbsp; Tell us about your likes and dislikes when it comes to a group -- are there certain things you prefer or disallow? Specific themes that are more your cup of tea? Maybe it's a set of custom house rules that you've always had with your past groups. Listed below is an example of the rules we've used in past games -- how does it compare with your own preferences? As a final add-on, we primarily use discord to communicate during sessions and leave messages once the session completes. Sample Only, Not actual DM rules: Stats: 25 point buy.&nbsp; Alignments: Any non-evil. Hitpoints: At first level, max. For all successive levels, you may either roll or simply take half. Skills: We will be using the Background Skills variant for this game. Feats: Specific feats that are a no-go: Leadership, Vile Leadership, Sacred Geometry, Arithmancy, Fey Foundling. Traits: 2 traits. Traits that boost starting wealth are not allowed. Races: All core and options that fall under 15 RP or less. Keep in mind that the more exotic you are, the harder time you'll probably have for getting around; it pays to know the lay of your territory. Classes: All core, occult, and advanced, with a few exceptions and notes. Not taking: Samurai, Ninja, Antipaladin. Gunslinger is allowed, but Bolt Ace Only. Unchained Summoner (only) and Vigilante are allowed. Unchained Classes are also acceptable. The Vestigial Arms discovery and its accompanying cheese will not be accepted. If you are planning to invest in a prestige class, run it past me first, please. If you're considering a pet build, there are a couple key points - firstly, I don't want the sidekicks upstaging the rest of the party (don't superpower/gear/cheese); secondly, I don't need a one-man army of endless minions, which is tedious, annoying, and again prone to cheese. Additional notes may be added later if required. Starting gold: Average. Leveling Method: Upon completion of certain milestones you will level up. Changing things about your character such as skills, feats, and such things may be changed without question until level 3. After that point, you will be required to follow the retraining rules:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining/" rel="nofollow">https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining/</a> Prospective GMs please post your going rate. We look forward to meeting you.
Hi,Roni here A little about me... i'm a 25+ years experienced gm of d&amp;d 1-5e,pathfinder,shadowrun (multiple editions),shadow of the demon lord and a couple of other systems on occasion... My favorite published campaigns that i have run are red hand of doom and expedition to the demonweb pits ,favorite pathfinder campaign is way of the wicked and after that wrath of the righteous (although the mythic and mass combat was a bit of a hassle) I prefer campaigns with high magic content,and recently have been working on an eastern themed homebrew world/campaign of which i an adventure for levels 1-5 but it isn't close to completion yet. in terms of game restrictions i usually allow only paizo material, no unchained and no occult... i usually take my cues from the players in regards to the direction they want to take in an adventure but i do like them to by not just roleplaying oriented but story driven... , i really enjoy when player express their characters character and not simply write it down in the backround. one of the tools i have often used is the player journal in which each player writes a bit about their pc's experience and thoughts of each session. i would be interested in running giantslayer,ironfang invasion or return of the runelords (or way of the wicked if you are interested in trying evil for a change...) i would charge 50$ per 4 hour weekly session &nbsp;also i wanted to ask how many players there are in the group? ages? countries/cities? experience with pathfinder? And if you had any flexibility regarding the day of the week and time? (such as a possibility for a fri/sat/sun morning, or is wed 7pm est the only availability?) Stats: 25 point buy.&nbsp; Alignments: Any. (however evil charachters need special approval and need to be built in a way that works with th rest of the party ) Hitpoints: At first level, max. For all successive levels, you may either roll or simply take d6 4+con d8 5+con d10 6+con d12 7+con Skills: regular rules apply Feats: Specific feats that are a no-go: Leadership, Vile Leadership, Sacred Geometry, Arithmancy, Fey Foundling. Traits: 2 traits. (i have not problem with wealth boosting traits) Races: All core and options that fall under 15 RP or less. Keep in mind that the more exotic you are, the harder time you'll probably have for getting around; it pays to know the lay of your territory. (if you want somthing else ask and we can see) Classes: All paizo besides occult&nbsp; Starting gold: Average or roll for it Leveling Method: Upon completion of certain milestones you will level up, or exp whatever the group preference is...

Edited 1552420395
Roni said: &nbsp;also i wanted to ask how many players there are in the group? ages? countries/cities? experience with pathfinder? And if you had any flexibility regarding the day of the week and time? (such as a possibility for a fri/sat/sun morning, or is wed 7pm est the only availability?) There are four players for this group and our ages range from the late thirty's to mid twenty's. Everyone is from the United States of America in the Eastern to Central Time Zones. The group's experience&nbsp;with Pathfinder is rather good, all of us have many years playing the game and most of us have played together for multiple years. The time of day and Wednesday is unfortunately not negotiable, we have a number of working folks during the day and this is the only day we can meet.
Hey there! My name is Andrew, I'm 33 years old and have been running Pathfinder since it came out ten years ago. It's far and away my favorite system of all tabletop games, and that's with me starting tabletop when I was about 12 with old AD&amp;D stuff way back in the day. I've been running several paid games on roll20 over the last four months or so and I'd say most of my customers are very happy with my performance as a DM. I'm always punctual, reliable, and reachable. I enjoy not only preparing and running games but also cooperating with players to build complex and interesting characters from both a story and mechanic perspective. In my many years of DMing I've seen a lot of players, styles, and games. I'm very open and accepting of all sorts of players--from hardcore min/maxers to people who'd spend three sessions without rolling a die so they can roleplay and everything in between, so I try not to get to hung up on demanding certain styles or methods of play from my players. Usually, though, my games are pretty standard high fantasy style games. I'm a sucker for heroes overcoming odds and defeating villains, taking risks and standing up to evils when no one else can. I'd say my games would usually have a PG-13 rating (with maybe a bit more cursing than a movie would have) but I can raise or lower the level or intensity as the group desires. I like to obey the rules of the game but try not to let them get in the way if something fun is happening. I see the rules of Pathfinder as a framework for players and GMs to build a storyline on--the random nature of die rolls and interactions spurs stories in ways you never would have expected otherwise. When it comes to limitations on classes/feats/etc the only rule I usually have is stick to first party Paizo stuff--but otherwise everything is fair game. Obviously if players don't want certain classes (gunslinger comes to mind) or races (tieflings?) then I'm happy to ban or allow whatever they as a group decide on. I tend to shy away from evil PCs as they often don't play well with others, but with a group of friends who've played together for a long time I'm happy to allow whatever alignments the players are happy with. As for scheduling, I'm also in CST so it would be easy to align schedules. I do have a game currently running on Wednesday evenings but it should be wrapping up soon and I think there'd be some wiggle room for scheduling you all in there as well. If you did decide to go with me I'd be happy to run that module, I'm a big fan of horror-themed Pathfinder (wrapping up a Strange Aeons game now) and I like the speedy nature of modules as opposed to the marathons of APs. If we got along and you wanted to continue then I have access to more or less all of the official Paizo APs and several modules as well. I'm sure we could find an adventure that suits you! Lastly, the brass tacks, my usual rate is $10 per player per week, with options to pay $30 for a month and get one week free. I try to be as flexible as possible with payments and as long as my players are acting in good faith I find pretty much everyone can work something out. If you're at all interested please feel free to check out my profile or my website here:&nbsp; <a href="https://storyvinedm.com/" rel="nofollow">https://storyvinedm.com/</a> Thank you for your consideration and I wish you luck in your gaming search!&nbsp;
Hey I'm John, but my weekend group calls me "Hex" as it is my username and we have multiple Johns. I've GMed regularly since 2013 of Pathfinder, 3.5, FFG Star Wars, and a little 5e. I like to think I'm finally at the point where I'm good at it. I'm super curious about this adventure you were looking at. The whole Cheliax, Isger, Andoran region is where a ton of my interest in this universe is located! It also seems to be a recommendation for GMs who want to grow their skills at telling a story. It sounds super fun! I might try and introduce it to my weekend group, even if we don't end up working together. Stats: 20 Point Buy Alignments: The short answer is "Don't disrupt the group with your morality." You guys sound like you know each other well enough that you won't be stabbing each other in the back for silver pieces (unless of course you enjoy party infighting). Complex moral questions though are something I quite enjoy posing i.e. something that would cause characters to disagree on something. Skills: Background Skills, but I'm also okay if the extra points are used for monster lore skills. Feats: There are some parts of the&nbsp; Elephant in the Room Feat Tax Guide &nbsp;I'm rather fond of. Traits: Two traits from any source and One Campaign Trait. If an adventure doesn't have Campaign Traits I like to write up my own. The Heirloom Weapon Trait applies to Exotics in my book. I don't feel the need to fuss with drawbacks. Races: Consider your setting. There are great resources that give a rundown on the types of people that will be in the region and their religions, be it Players Guides or Fan Wikis. Though RPG heroes are "Exceptional" Characters, so I would never force someone to play as an average citizen of a region. It is just nice for a party to be grounded in believably. Classes: Once again, consider the setting. I don't really like to ban anything Paizo, and I think with a group with as much experience as yours you'll know what is too cheesy. Starting gold/HP: Class Average or Roll and max 1st level HP. I like when players put things up to chance like cash or HP per level. If they gamble, they should stick with the outcome. Leveling Method: I think Pathfinder Adventures do a great job at check-pointing when characters should be at specific levels, but I think I'll decide once I've read the final adventure pick. This would be my first Paid GMing gig so I'd be willing to go 25$ per 3 Hour Session with 45 Minute wiggle room to finish scenes/battles, take a snack break, and another 15 of pre-session bullshitting/character tweaking. Session 0 would be free. I like to use these to finish characters and get to know player's needs. While I may not be as experienced as these other guys, this is a setting that I'm extra passionate about and a good way to grow my skills. Keep me informed of your decision!