Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I use roll20 for in person pathfinder and I am having trouble with setting up darkvision in a specific way.

I use roll 20 on a 32 inch TV as a form of maps and such for my in person group. I recently purchased Pro and I wanted to spice it up using Darkvision but i am having trouble getting a certain result. Below is a picture of what is happening. The left screen is My GM screen which I view through my laptop. The right screen is me logged in as a player which the players view on the TV. My trouble is that in the right screen, the "5 Foot Vision" tokens should not be able to see the "60 foot Darkvision" token, But each 5 foot one should be able to see each other. I do have the "all players can see light" box unchecked but no matter what I cant get them not to see each other. I do have "Enforce Line of sight enabled" for dynamic lighting.
If the "GMplayer" on the right has access to all of the tokens, all of them will show up on the GMPlayer screen. Not sure what your playerplayers are seeing on their laptops. Not sure where the problem lies.
EvilMeanBadGuy said: If the "GMplayer" on the right has access to all of the tokens, all of them will show up on the GMPlayer screen. Not sure what your playerplayers are seeing on their laptops. Not sure where the problem lies. So, My players are not using laptops. I use my laptop to display my GM screen and i use a TV to display my account logged into as a player. My question is, how can i use my account to ensure that the the players with darkvision dont display "Light" if i have their token selected? I disabled Enforce Line of Sight and selected the 5 foot token and pressed Ctl + L to switch to see what he sees but now he cant see the other 5 foot token that is generating light as the example below. I have the reverse problem in this picture because he cant see any light source other than his own.
Those using light should have the "All players see light" selected . You mentioned that they were unchecked earlier.