Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

Edited 1550733028
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I would suspect that Throwing Distance is best for the Combat Page.and is different for each object based on the weight of said object. A basic value means nothing. As I d have plans for moving all defensive information to the General page (with the exception of Defensive die rolls). FYI: However just to let you know, myself and MadCoder will be cooperating and coordinating on all future changes. Mike
Mike W. said: FYI: However just to let you know, myself and MadCoder will be cooperating and coordinating on all future changes. Mike Great news!

Edited 1550799644
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
The Damage Rolltemplate results show wound modifiers which I think should not be there. First: Using a fixed values, such as these, does not allow GMs to use different values for their games. I removed theses originals from the ToolTips for just that reason and at the request of many GMs. Second: They only apply to Humanoids, so again this limits their usefulness. In my games, especially my sicifi games, these will just confuse the player. Third: The values are complete, For Example: i,imp only show Damage x2, Vitals, x3, and Skull x4. Leaves of Legs, Arms, Hands, and Feet at x1, not to mention Chest and Abdomen for those using Advanced Hit Locations Like I and many other do).
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 1.5.3 – PULL 03/12/2019 – Successful Changes, Fixes, and Adds made by Mike W (UserID: 1414610) Changed Damage Type into alphabetical select order for Melee and Ranged Attacks in the ToolTips and Dropdown - Cosmetic Only Changed the term Fear Roll to Fright Check in the Fright Check Roll Template and the ToolTip - Cosmetic Only Changed the tern Fear to Fright under Active Defenses for the Combat Reflexes option – Cosmetic Only
Looks good. Mike and MadCoder, what can we look forward to in upcoming improvements?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Tom,&nbsp; We're working on several updates for next week.&nbsp; Changed title of Damage Type Notes to Wound Modifier Notes. Changed Speed Add To Tracker to use rolltemplates. Added Thrown Object based on weight on combat tab below Ranged Attacks. Working on adding Default Sheet Options. Encountered problems with no documentation on how to support radio buttons and text areas. Adding new Misc Tab. The Miscellaneous box on the general tab will be moved here. The tab will include more fields for Bio and a notes text box General Tab. Replacing the Miscellaneous box with a notes box. Useful for tracking damage notes, like fatigue, sleep, individual wounds, etc. &nbsp;Max Fright Check Box. The default is 13 and can be modified. When rolling Fright Check, the final ability score can't exceed the Max Fright Check Box. I posted a forum question about Default Sheet Options using radio buttons and text areas, but no responses yet.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7251729/default-sheet-settings-type-equals-radio-and-text-slash-textarea/?pageforid=7251729#post-7251729" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7251729/default-sheet-settings-type-equals-radio-and-text-slash-textarea/?pageforid=7251729#post-7251729</a>
Sounds very nice to me.I know Mike did mentioned the Misc Box moving some time ago with a notes filed replacing it, glad that is happening. Is he still involved?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Tome S. Yes, Mike is still involved, we talk about once a week to go over changes and what to work on next.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tom S.✌❽ said: Sounds very nice to me.I know Mike did mentioned the Misc Box moving some time ago with a notes filed replacing it, glad that is happening. Is he still involved? Yes as MadCoder stated, I am still here. We do consult about once per week and share a lot of our ideas and work. MadCoder is a much more superior coder then I am so you will probably see more and more of the code done by him but I still do contribute. Mike
Thanks guys and keep up to great work!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Tom
Thanks for putting time and effort into this guys, I'm sure many many players also appreciate the added functionality and polish the sheet is getting.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Valter said: Thanks for putting time and effort into this guys, I'm sure many many players also appreciate the added functionality and polish the sheet is getting. Valter, thanks for the kind words - greatly appreciate it.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,&nbsp; The latest updates are now available.&nbsp; GURPS version 1.5.4 NOTE: I forgot to change the main updated on date, but at least the version 1.5.4 summary has the right date. Changed title of Damage Type Notes to Wound Modifier Notes. Changed Speed Add To Tracker to use rolltemplates. Added Thrown Object based on weight on combat tab below Ranged Attacks. Added Bio tab. For Misc. Information, Physical Description, Background information. Updated General tab. Replaced Miscellaneous box with a notes text box Inventory tab. Cosmetic update to text box to remove scroll bar. Options tab. Reduced font-size for Wound Modifier Notes text boxes. Roll templates. Reduced font-size for results. Delete old update notices Updates tab. Highlight "mark updates as read" checkbox Grimoire Tab. Tweak Spells based on: heading area. Added spacing If you have input on to the Bio/Misc tab please let us know.&nbsp; NOTE: Tech Level and Appearance boxes were moved to the traits tab.&nbsp;
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,&nbsp; The latest updates are now live. Version 1.5.5 Rolltemplates: Remove RoF and Reach. Style updates Corrected a spelling error for encumbrance. Spotted by Larry R Combat tab: Added Rapid Fire Table, image provided by Mike W Updated the default character sheet options to use drop-down lists NOTE: I tried a couple changing a couple of default options and they seem to be working. Please give it a try. Go to your campaign landing page, click the drop-down Settings and then click on Game Settings. There is a section for editing the default options when a new character is created. It appears the settings only support single line text boxes.&nbsp;
I'm liking all of the quality of life enhancements—tables, calculators, etc.. One thing that may have been overlooked when adding other movement types is that you can't take lower move as a disadvantage there, nor can you put in negative modifiers. Also, whenever there's an update, every single character sheet has Announcements at the top, which can only be hidden until the next update. When you're opening a lot of different character sheets, this can get a bit annoying.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Jared, I started thinking of several different ways to do the announcements, but they're not very clean, especially since you can't really apply a click action to a list of sheets. However, this solution may be better, where there's a counter on the Updates tab. That might be much cleaner and unobtrusive and people click on the updates tab whenever they choose and clicking the update tab would clear the counter.&nbsp;
I think that might be better. I'm also liking all the improvements!!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Just to let everyone know, MadCoder and I are still working on the sheet. Life has interrupted us recently but there are update forthcoming.
Thanks Mike and MadCoder.
Love the improvements to the GURPS sheet that have been happening, I have no idea how I coped without some of these before. Keep up the great work! My group are definitely hugely grateful.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Luke.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks @Luke. I'm currently working on a couple of things with Mike. Added Wildcard skill option and working revamping the roll template for hits/misses, to show text and handle a couple of edge cases.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
New Updates have been made to the character sheet Version 1.5.8 Open the sheet and check them out!

Edited 1560924517
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
New Updates have been made to the character sheet Version 1.5.9 One particular change that you will like is that we converted the Notes fields for Inventory, Skills, Grimoire, and Traits into a Text Box.and made each optional as to whether or not to display in the Roll Template in chat. Should be much easier to read and organize the individuals notes. Related to the is removing the 'Notes' label from the roll results providing more room for the actual notes to be displayed and using up less space in chat. More to come!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Mike! Mike W. said: New Updates have been made to the character sheet Version 1.5.9 One particular change that you will like is that we converted the Notes fields for Inventory, Skills, Grimoire, and Traits into a Text Box.and made each optional as to whether or not to display in the Roll Template in chat. Should be much easier to read and organize the individuals notes. Related to the is removing the 'Notes' label from the roll results providing more room for the actual notes to be displayed and using up less space in chat. Mote to come!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you MadCoder, you did the work.
Ooohhh, that feels really nice now. Great job guys!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Vallter.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
New Updates have been made to the character sheet Version 1.6.0 Although this update has only some minor improvements, there are going to be much more as we progress. Thanks for those of you that have responded and made suggestions. Mike
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
New Updates have been made to the character sheet. Version 1.6.1 A&nbsp; HUGE thanks goes out to&nbsp; GiGs&nbsp; &nbsp;for writing some very difficult code for me. Mike
Woot! Thanks GiGs! Gonna check it out.
Skills and the grimoire have a graphical error with notes, shown below. The fourth line overlaps with the next skill/spell
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared Yeah we spotted that after the PULL unfortunately. We should have it fixed by the next PULL on the 23rd. Sorry about that but at least it is still usable. Mike
Absolutely love the sheet. It would be nice as a GM to have an option for a simplified NPC sheet. Also the option to make attacks automatically use the thrust and swing damage would be nice. I can do it via Macros but it's tedious having to do it for each attack.

Edited 1563259659
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Garret B. Thank you, we are doing what we can. The NPC sheet is something we are working on but only on the aide for the moment. Not sure what you mean by making attacks automatically use Thrust and Swing Damage. Most people setup&nbsp; the attacks separatelyin the sheet Here is my example: Mike
I mean instead of having to manually type in how much damage each attack does instead just input if it uses thrust or swing and then putting in a modifier, then it would automatically calculate how much damage should be done. This way if your striking damage ever changed due to ST increasing or decreasing then it&nbsp; would automatically update how&nbsp; much damage your doing.

Edited 1563269206
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
That assumes a number of things like GMs only use the standard damage table within GURPS. If they used one of the alternate tables we would have to account for that. It would also assume that the GM does not use the optional rule for Modifying Dice + Add B269. We are trying to avoid forcing anyone to use the rules as written and allow for the use of any House or Optional rule they want without making it difficult for them to use this sheet. We would also have to have options for Fine and Very fine and that would depend on the type of weapon, oh so many variables here. Also be aware that the more the form is automated the slower it runs. Some sheets, with all of their automatic calculations, take upward of 2 minutes to open. That being said, we will look into what can be done but with our focus being simple for everyone. Maybe we can make it an option of sorts, not sure but we will chat about it. MadCoder your thoughts here? We also appreciate any suggestions or ideas and we do the best we can. Thanks you so much for your input. Mike
Never thought if alternate damage tables. I think an easy solution would be a drop down with the options 0, thrust and swing. with 0 you could just type in damage numbers normally and it wouldn't add anything extra to your roll, but thrust and swing would both add their respective damages.

Edited 1564514437
Noted an issue with the new Point Summary on the General tab.&nbsp; It doesn't appear to be adding the Tech. and Spells values into the Spent field.&nbsp; This left me with far too many CPs in the Unspent calculated field. Hopefully a quick fix. Cheers,&nbsp; -Ray
Raymond G. said: Noted an issue with the new Point Summary on the General tab.&nbsp; It doesn't appear to be adding the Tech. and Spells values into the Spent field.&nbsp; This left me with far too many CPs in the Unspent calculated field. Hopefully a quick fix. Cheers,&nbsp; -Ray Seconding this issue.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the notice Raymond and elaxter. We'll get that fixed.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Raymond G and elaxter,&nbsp; The point totals have been fixed.
In the past (I think) I recall importing a GURPS Character Sheet (GCS) character into a GURPS Style #1 Roll20 character.&nbsp; Is that still (if it ever was) possible?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Captain Joy said: In the past (I think) I recall importing a GURPS Character Sheet (GCS) character into a GURPS Style #1 Roll20 character.&nbsp; Is that still (if it ever was) possible? Hi Captain Joy,&nbsp; We're not working on an import for GCS, but we're planning on an import for GURPS Character Assistant (GCA), once we get further along with some other updates.
Captain Joy said: In the past (I think) I recall importing a GURPS Character Sheet (GCS) character into a GURPS Style #1 Roll20 character.&nbsp; Is that still (if it ever was) possible? That was a script ran in a custom built of the gurps sheet. Only available if you can install custom sheets.
My Strength on my character appears as as 5 without points in it.&nbsp; it should be 10

Edited 1565544635
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Triggvi First close the sheet and reopen it. Next add a Mod of 1 then remove that mod, see if that fixes it. Try exiting the game, clearing your chase, and restart your browser (by the way which browser are you using?) If none of that works, what game are you in, who is the GM, and what is the name of the character in question? Maybe he will let me in as a GM so I can inspect the sheet - it is possible the sheet may be corrupt. Mike Update: OK, Larry has let me into the game as a GM. I will try and fix it but so far no luck. There may be a corruption in your sheet. I will have MadCoder take a look as I copied your sheet to the test game.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
New Updates &nbsp;have been made to the character sheet. Version 1.6.4 Mostly some cosmetic adds to the Grimoire. Mike Please Note: The error that some of you are or were getting in regards to the ST value are not sheet errors within the character sheet code, it is something happening on the Roll20 side. This has been reported BUT Roll20 has not responded in any way. Of the 3 people reporting this issue, 2 have responded saying the ST issue is now fixed (or is no longer happening).