Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu 7 translation

Hello everybody, I see that there is a cool character sheet for Coc 7, but the translation in french is incomplete. How can I propose the new fr.json full translated to the community ? Thanks
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
If you'd want to do the process by yourself, you could join Github and submit a pull request for the change. ( roll20wiki guide ) Or you could make a copy of the current fr.json , make the changes to it, and link to the improved fr.json in this thread and some of us can do the GitHub submission bit for you(There are many of us). Is this the specific sheet you were referring to ?
Thanks for your response. I ever did the translation myself in the fr.json. I will see witch option is the best. Thanks

Edited 1554820244
I think I succeeded to pull a request for the modification on github. But can someone verify that's it's do propely ?
Orp
Sheet Author
Hey there,  Have you submitted the Pull Request on Github? I cannot find it anywhere in the Pull Request List. fr.json seems to be in order (although I dont know a spec of French).

Edited 1554723703
Hello, I put it here, it's good ? : Github No, fr.json is incomplete. Some line is still in english.
Orp
Sheet Author
From what I can tell, you have not made a Pull Request yet, you have only made the commit for the changes. 
Okay, it's the only way I succeeded to put my files on Github. I'm going to understand, thanks.
I did it I think :D
Orp
Sheet Author
Yep!

Edited 1554735081
Orp said: Yep! Just a question for you. It's normal that the skills isn't sorted by alphabetical order when you loaded in french ? It's a bit of a mess to find a skill.
Orp
Sheet Author
Yes, that is something to be expected.. The Sheet's layout is based on the CoC 7th Ed. English format. Thus, any changes to the alphabetical order from any Translation, are not accounted for.
Too bad, but thanks for your response.

Edited 1554763435
David
Sheet Author
A similar situation occurred with the Call of Cthulhu 6th edition sheet which was originally in French and the skills are not in alphabetica order in English.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince turned me onto this link ...it's about list ordering with internationalization.  It would require someone to modify the character sheet to leverage this, but it might be a potential solution?

Edited 1554903161
Orp
Sheet Author
Interesting. I notice that none of the examples provided are in 'table' format , wich is something heavily used in the CoC 7th Char Sheet. Is this applicable to tables? Also, is this how the CoC 6th ed. situation was resolved?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Orp said: Interesting. I notice that none of the examples provided are in 'table' format , wich is something heavily used in the CoC 7th Char Sheet. Is this applicable to tables? I suspect it's not, so the section might need to be remade depending on how tables are used. I'm currently working on translating the Chronicles of Darkness sheet and it uses tables to some extent, but haven't come fare enough yet to see if I can get a modifiable skill order with the list order thing Finderski linked.