Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Increased Image and Gif File Sizes

So, I've recently seen some amazing looking animated battle maps, but when my friend tried to upload them, the files were too big. After trimming them down, they lost too much, were too blurry and too short. While there are some browser extensions we could use to see these maps, it would be vastly preferable (and compatible with other players) to just have them uploaded at higher resolution, and more frames.  I was looking into making such maps, but so long as the file size limit is there, I don't see much point. With the new storage spaces for pro/plus, I think music, art library, and some animated maps could fit in there. Having looked at the sizes for some of them, they seem to be upwards of 100 MB. I'm not allowed to link outside of here, I think, but do a search for "Animated Battle Maps, Waterfall". I know tabletop RPGs aren't video games, and we're supposed to use our imaginations, but some of these just look beautiful.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .