Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Divide by 0 on both sides of the "d" results in a possible memory dump.

When using a roll command like this: /r 3/0d2/0 it generates what looks like a memory dump of some kind.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What are you aiming to do? Divide by 0 is an invalid mathematical operation, so there's no way to do that.
I'll mention this to the devs. I'm guessing if anything that command shouldn't be allowed because of the divide by 0 problem. Can you provide any more information? Like a screenshot or a console/error log?
We were waiting on other players and we were fooling around with the text die roller. It looks like it's not doing it anymore.
When testing to see if the bug was fixed, I found the following command caused to the roller to stop working: /r (2/0)d(4/0) The room has become unresponsive. We can't clear the chat history. It blanks out any other macros that were generated by the character sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You are sending mathematical impossibilities to the parser and likely causing it to crash. Division by zero is a mathematical impossibility that generates error messages, and you have likely gummed up your chat archive. Fortunately, there is an easy fix: A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.

Edited 1556800209
Fair enough. That's what happens when a bunch of programmers are waiting for an other player to join and one of them happen to code to catch divide by zero exceptions that day.&nbsp; Still, should be fairly easy to add something to the parser to catch a divide by zero error and return nothing or a "Divide by Zero" error or something. Thanks anyway. EDIT: I'm guessing you're writing roll20 in Java. If that's the case, I found a good Stack Overflow entry for this:&nbsp; <a href="https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14137989/java-division-by-zero-doesnt-throw-an-arithmeticexception-why/14138002" rel="nofollow">https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14137989/java-division-by-zero-doesnt-throw-an-arithmeticexception-why/14138002</a>