Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DL and non-squarish rooms

I need to make a round room which has a door in it on the right-side and a corridor on the left-side. So actually there is corridor-round room-corridor but there is a door just before the right-side corridor starts. Can I do this with DL and not use free-hand drawing? What was about to do was to make a circle and the just rubber out the points where the corridors start but there is no eraser.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, the best way to do this is by making a circle using the Polygon/Line tool. If you need help let me know.  - Gauss
How do you do a circle with that? Really appreciate your help.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Set the roll20 zoom level to 150%. Set your browser zoom level to 150-300% (the higher the zoom the finer the details possible).  Start a line, it will need to be about 1/2 of the size of a square before you can start turning the line. Draw small incremental lines and change the angle of each line until it starts to form a curve. When you are happy with the overall curve, right click to finish the polygon.  Note: since you are doing a circle it is possible you will end up too close to the starting position of the polygon. If you do it will 'autocomplete' the polygon and draw a line you do not want. Right click before this happens to finish the polygon. I often work in segments due to this reason.  Below is an example with the zoom is set to 150% in Roll20 and the browser is set to 150%. - Gauss
Ok, thanks.
An additional advice to all. If you want to make a round, half-circle, etc. areas. Draw a circle on GM layer. Then go to map/DL layer and draw an overlapping line using the methond Gauss explained above. If you like, go to GM layer and delete the circle.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Good idea Maetco. Normally I am matching existing map features so that is not something I need to do but if someone did not have map features to follow it would work very nicely. - Gauss