Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Why does "=0" appear after all my Table Rolls...

....and is there any way to stop that from happening? Example: I've set up tables for Hit Locations. But whenever I roll on the table, I get the body part result, as expected, followed by a "=0" result, as if I'd rolled a die. This wastes a lot of real-estate in the chat window and makes it harder to visually parse the results. Thanks in advance! M.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I'd recommend using an inline roll for your hit location macro. This will then only show the table result. Where the 0 tally is coming from is where you can actually use numbers for table item names and they will be counted as such when rolled. A string of text in the table name counts as 0.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying the inline thing and I still get 0s. Maybe I should walk through this in more detail: I have a Rolleable Table set up. Whenever I roll on that table using the button in the sidebar, this is what gets displayed in the chat box: (GM): rolling 1t[Table-Name] (Table Result) = 0 When I set up the macro I set it up like this: /roll 1t[Low-Hit-Locations] When I use the Test Macro button, I get the exact same result in the chat window as above. When I try the inline thing I set up the macro like this: /roll [[1t[Low-Hit-Locations]]] And I get: (GM): rolling Table Result 0 = 0 Now I get two zeros! I've tried putting the two brackets in different places, and they all result in an error. Sorry to be so dense, but I don't know what I'm missing here. If I could get that last exult without the two zeros appended on I'd be 100%. Thanks again for your help, M.
Try just [[1t[Low-Hit-Locations]]] without the /roll
Gid
Roll20 Team
What Jake said. You can basically have a macro that is a really nice readable line of text. For ex: @{selected|character_name} is hit in the [[1t[Low-Hit-Locations]]]! Note: I also used a selected token macro to make the macro even more personalized. This should read in the chat log when the macro is activated (and you have a token selected): Bob is hit in the Right Leg ! How does that work for you, Malcolm?
That is awesome. Now I get. Guess I tried every place for the two brackets except that one. D'oh! Still very new to the platform. Thanks so much for the help! M.