Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Updating the Savage Worlds wiki

Edited 1556487877
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I've been updating the Savage Worlds wiki page, and I'll also be updating the Tabbed Character sheet page. Savages... While I've got the hood open, is there anything you wish you had known earlier? Any special tricks (generally specific to Savage Worlds on Roll20) I should surface? I'll be cleaning up the giant macro section at the end as well, but I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet. At a minimum, I'm changing the formatting so code examples wrap properly. I'm not sure I'm going to test all of them, but perhaps I'll check some and add a "verified on" date mark to them. Here's a link to the wiki page . I've added a neat trick to add blast templates to your game.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
One quick note, the Injury Table weights are incorrect for SWADE. I can try to update that in a bit, although I have added it to the character sheet documentation, too, since it'll be needed if people want to use the Gritty Damage setting rule with the Tabbed Sheet. Some other tricks I've been kicking around... Condition tokens can be set up as cards and dealt to players. It gives a visual indication on screen for the GM to remember; especially useful if the status indicators get lost amidst all the tokens on the screen, etc. "Cards" can also be used to keep track of Wounds, Power Points, Fatigue, etc.   If you deal 3 "Wound Cards" to a person, the screen will show the Wound card above the player's name with the number of cards from that deck The same works for Power Points, create a deck that players can draw from and they can take as many as they need. as they are used, just discard them from the hand or draw from the deck as they replenish That's what I got for now...I'll keep thinking on this.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I'll update the injury table, no problem. We selected a set of status tokens from the Roll20 set for use, though we're still a little undecided about Vulnerable and Aim. I think it'll be good to have a few options in the wiki, with pros and cons. But why not use power points and wounds from the character sheet instead of from cards? Using cards means the cards can have a different total than the sheet, and the math for fighting and other trait rolls will be wrong.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Mike deBoston said: But why not use power points and wounds from the character sheet instead of from cards? Using cards means the cards can have a different total than the sheet, and the math for fighting and other trait rolls will be wrong. I'd still use the wounds field on the character sheet, myself for the reason you give.  The cards are just a quick, easy way for the GM to see the actual state of each player's character...especially if none of the bars is being used for wounds...especially if there are weeks between games. As for power points...I probably wouldn't use the field on the sheet for Power Points if I were using cards, because the cards seem like they may be easier to manage. Ultimately, though, I'm not a fan of Power Points so generally don't use them when I GM a game. :)
any chance we could get the rifts AB skills added into the default skill list? also, since it is now possible to have more than one Arcane Background at a time even in default swade, a second section for AB would be nice too. all that whining aside though, good work, man.  
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
What are the AB Skills from Rifts and can you Rename existing ones to meet the need?  What I mean by that is, the current sheet now allows you to rename the skills, so if Psionics isn't in the game, but the Force is, you could rename Psionics to The Force and that's what would show up on the rolls, and the character sheet, etc. As for a second AB section...what do you envision? And it may be better to continue this discussion on the Wishlist forum so we don't hijack this thread...
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I need to update the wiki for the chase rules. I haven't run a chase in SWADE yet, or on Roll20. Have you?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I haven't run one in SWADE, yet.  I had in SWEX...I'll see if I can get my setup for that, because I think it would mostly work...just need a little tweaking for SWADE.