Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Handouts/Characters in multiple locations

You should be able to have a handout or character in multiple locations. I'm using Google Drive currently in place of the Journal for a number of reasons, including that I can have the same documents in multiple folders at the same time. This is really nice because I can have an NPC in a chapter's folder of NPCs, as well as a town's folder of NPCs. It could also be used for monsters being in multiple encounter folders. If they have the exact same contents, it's really tedious having to change both or more when you want to change them as a group.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice idea, could have 2 areas of the journals tab, one with a standard, indexed, folder structure and maybe one that is driven by tagging (as per the google suite of apps). That would allow a nicely ordered, single entry version as well as a more flexible multi-location version without much additional complexity.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .