Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Changing number of spell slots

Is there a way to change the number of spell slots available when creating a spellcasting NPC/monster? I am adding some monsters created by Sly Flourish and for whatever reason they don't conform to the spell slot number for their given class/level.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi George, assuming the use of the official 5e sheet by Roll20 I don't see a way to be able to handle that natively. It seems to me that Sly Flourish has dropped the ball on that one and you may need to adhere to the RAW slots available... or ignore the slots available and manage it locally. It feels like that there should be an option to amend slots for NPCs though given that higher threat ones may have items that would grant extra slots etc :/
Wizards has made exceptions to spell slot numbers for legendary monsters before, though in this case I agree that it might no be intentional because the monster has one less  slot than it should.
Kai
Plus
Sheet Author
You can uncheck the NPC box to get the player version of the sheet and then add spell slot modifiers. After that just recheck the NPC box and you have the number of spell slots modified.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
...And that's my one thing learned for the day! :) Kai said: You can uncheck the NPC box to get the player version of the sheet and then add spell slot modifiers. After that just recheck the NPC box and you have the number of spell slots modified.