Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Starfinder Official Sheet + Attacher Macro

Hello all! I've been playing around the Starfinder official sheet (I love it!) and trying to automate/make life easy to me and my players. One thing I'm currently working on, is adding macro to abilities and attacks. For instance, the Mechanic can remotely Hack something as an ability, but there is also a chance that he is detected doing so. So I have the ability to hack, but then I am whispering a request for a roll to the GM as a nice reminder to myself to try and have it detected.  So the macro below is what I end up with,but for some reason, the second option in my dropdown is 0 instead of sense motive. I read that some characters need to be replaced by their ALT codes ( } ) and I've tried doing that but can't make it work,  Anybody can guide me?

Edited 1557178997
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi theMockster, Glad you're enjoying the sheet. That's a great use of the attacher section. I can see a few issues with your command syntax. The first is that the class level attributes are in the format class_#_level, and start with class_1 instead of class_0. Second, so that your player doesn't need to enter the perception/sense motive bonus for the entity trying to detect them, I'd recommend changing your /w gm macro around a little so that you don't need to worry about the html replacements. The techniques we're going to use here are adaptations of the macro mule and the chat menus . First, make a character called "Macros" or something similar; or if you are already using a macro mule, just put this into it. And add the following as an ability on it's attributes & abilities tab, named detection: /w gm &{template:sf_generic} {{r1name=?{Roll|Perception|Sense Motive}}} {{r1=[[1d20+?{Modifier|0}]]}} Then, in the attacher that you screen capped above, replace the /w gm ... section with the following: /w gm &{template:sf_generic} {{name=Detection attempt vs DC [[10+floor(1.5*@{class_1_level})}} {{buttons0=[Roll Detection Attempt](~macros|detection)}} This will then output a roll template with the DC and a button to roll a detection attempt that you can then roll as needed. And since we've moved the nested queries so that they are separate, we don't need to worry about html replacements. The output looks like this: I might recommend putting the "detection attempt vs dc" part in either the title field, or buttons0 (in which case, move the button to buttons1), but that's just personal preference.
Hey Scott, thanks for the reply and the guidance. That is a pretty neat trick actually, very useful to port macros from a character to another and even from a game to another via transmo. Thanks for pointing to these posts too, they have a lot of good info. For the most part, that did the trick - its pretty awesome that you actually store the macro on a mule sheet, solves a lot of problems for me, the only issue I have is highlighted in yellow below, where it adds an extra "empty" gm whisper line. I've posted both of the macros but I do not see why it would do that. Thanks for your help! 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The only thing I can think of is a new line got added to the end of the roll query macro.
Yeah, I figured that out after I sent my reply. I checked for extra lines in both the attacher and the mule , there were some in both.  Thanks! going back to it, so might pop on the forum with more questions haha
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Good luck