Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Make "Dim Vision" easier to see near the edges of the radius

Pulling in a quote from a different thread, to make this a suggestion instead. Currently, it is very difficult to see near the edge of your vision when using dynamic lighting in pitch darkness. Anything beyond 30 feet or so from your token becomes harder and harder to see, and beyond 40 feet you really have to squint and be in a dark room... at 50-55 feet it's almost impossible to see anything, which is of course not optimal when you're supposed to be able to see up to 60 feet in the dark! Every single player I've ever had in any of my games has complained about this issue the first few times they played before giving up in a "guess I won't be able to see then..." sort of way. It always  comes up. Can we please  have the dynamic lighting a bit more uniform further out toward the edge of the radius? It doesn't have to be any brighter. In fact, it shouldn't be, but being able to see what you're supposed to be able to see is pretty important with a feature such as this. I've been informed of a "sort of work-around" to it by giving the token 70 feet darkvision instead, but that means that you can see further than you should if you really try, so it's certainly not an optimal solution and it only helps slightly in any regard... Tim G.  said: Brian C.  said: Tim G.  said: Not sure if this fits into this thread, feel free to remove it from here if it shouldn't be here. It does relate to dynamic lighting and changes thereof. One thing that has repeatedly come up for me and my group when using dynamic lighting (since long before the update that broke a lot of things) is that sure, my token has 60ft of dim light darkvision! Buuut I can only see maybe 40 or so feet of that 60 feet before it gets so dark that I really can't see anything... Is there any way that we can either have it be brighter, further, or have some option for where it starts to drop off so we can adjust this to our personal liking? Would be nice to be able to actually see things for the full 60ft when you have 60ft of darkvision... What are the token settings you are using for darkvision? Super difficult to see any tokens after 40 or so feet, as you can see in the images provided.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .