Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Drop Character from Game Without Kicking Them

Hello, I would like for there to be a way to remove players from a game without kicking them.  I'm running a recurring pickup game, and would like to be able to clear players out so that they have to re-join if they are available.  Right now, in order to do that, I have to create a whole new game page so I can keep my assets for the games I run.  I was kicking players from the game, but figured out that, by doing so, I was preventing them from using the pickup link to join. Thanks, Voi
What is the purpose of removing a player if they can enter again right away? 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You might want to create a "landing game" where your drop-in players will always have a link.  Use that game's forum to communicate the latest join link for the current game.  Not ideal, but may work for your situation.
Danii:  The point of dropping them but having them able to rejoin is that they are not a steady group of players, and I want to make sure players are able to join at will during the "pickup" period if they choose.    If I use the "kick", then they are banned from joining the game as a pickup.I can't keep them in the game because I need to restrict the number of players, and know whether or not I have player slots filled so that they can be open during the "pickup" time. Vince:  That is a good workaround.  The issue is that a lot of the players I have are brand new, and so I want to try and keep things simple.  Last game I had four players who were still busy finishing the Roll20 tutorial when they joined my game. Less clicks is better, especially considering that I'm probably going to have to figure out how to get a bunch of noobs over to Discord, since Roll20's chat is back go not working (or at least it wasn't last weekend).
Also, I want to be able to stay in the same game, so I can preserve the functionality of kicking people, so that if I do have a problematic player, I can prevent them from joining the pickup.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .