Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player avatars constantly changing

Ever since today, I've been seeing a very unusual feature in Roll20 where each player's avatar (as visible at the bottom of the screen, as per the viewer's avatar size setting) changes constantly to match that player's current speaking voice. While I might initially dismiss this as a new change to how Roll20 operates, the combined factors of it not being listed in today's release notes and the fact that, at least as far as I or any other players I play with believe, the change is wholly useless and in fact actively detrimental to GMs makes me believe that this modification is completely unintentional. Hopefully a solution to this problem can be discovered quickly. Be that a fix to this unusual behavior, or, in the off chance it's intentional, an opt-out system can be included. It honestly violates my privacy as both a GM and a player for it to be the way it is now, and I would not feel comfortable GMing with it the way it is currently.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Hello Terrakits, This feature was indeed released by accident. We have rolled back that portion of the release and it will no longer affect your game. I've also reached out to your directly to better understand your concerns.