Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multiple Monsters (MOOKs) unlinking isn't saving

Orphansmith
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
I'm having problems with multiple enemies sharing the same stats. I followed the steps here , and still get issues. All of my monsters have already been created. So if this is an issue that only arises for pre-made enemies, then that's something the documentation should probably explain. My process: Drag the enemy to the tabletop Open the token editor Unlink all stats Save Open the monster's journal entry Edit journal entry Remove linked token Link to new token Save When the enemy is dragged from the journal to the tabletop area, all of its stats are still linked.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's strange, that shouldn't happen.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can use TokenMod to unlink tokens that are already on the table top: !token-mod --set bar1_link| bar2_link| bar3_link| With some tokens selected.
Assuming I understood you correctly, check your game setting to see if the npc tokens are set to default to linking stats - if so remove any linking and save the game setting.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Oh!  Good point!
Orphansmith
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the help! I checked the game settings, but the tokens don't have any links under settings. :( I'll try TokenMod for now, thanks for the help again!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
(Just in case) When you check, make sure to scroll all the way down and look at the sheet settings. The token defaults don't control linking:  

Edited 1558746782
Orphansmith
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
So, I'm playing Ryuutama and I don't see those settings, under game settings or in the game on the character sheet. We also noticed a strange error during the game session, where a PC's token had an aura, and we'd get rid of the aura, only for it to come back whenever she made a change to her character sheet. It seems like, settings from the token to a sheet aren't preserved, or they default back to some normal setting after making a change.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I'm not familiar at all with that sheet. Sorry.