Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What Would Your Character Do?

What would your character do? You are either a Fighter, Rogue, or Magic User you can try anything.             You and your party are moving across an open field, off to your left is a rolling hill, about 100 yards along the top of the hill is a thick tree line. Suddenly several deer run out of the trees and head down hill toward your group, the deer appear frightened and veer off as they approach you...       Your party is heading down a 15 foot wide dungeon corridor, there are two closed doors just ahead, one to the left and one to the right. 20 feet beyond the doors the corridor turns right. As you approach the doors six goblins burst out from behind the corner waving scimitars and screaming insults...      An Ogre has just killed the Paladin and badly wounded the Cleric, you're trying to flee but find yourselves backed up to the edge of a swift river, there's bridge, a large slippery log which has fallen across the stream. The Ogre comes crashing out of the brush, he's only 60 feet away...      The two city guards are questioning you and confiscate your map to the tower of many treasures, they offer to let you enter the city if you will pay them 6 gold each (you've only got 9 gold between you)... How did you answer some or all of these, did you find yourselves asking, "Well what is the system?" instead of "Here's what I would really try to do regardless of the system"... Remember you could try anything. I am planning on running a few One Session games using a System that allows total free form Role Play, it does use a d20 dice mechanic for success and fail but it allows you to try just about anything you can think of. I am looking for a few players to try this system out in a One Session environment . If you think you might be interested answer the questions but keep your answers brief and then send Ajax a Private Message, thank you.
Fighter. 1. Hold, try to get some information on the spookers, and lay an ambush. 2. Prepare to receive a rush. Would not approach the doors until after the fight. (if pressed to move forward, would pick right door; I always pick the right first, for no knowable reason).  3. If paladin is close and retrevable, would attempt a drag to the log. If not, distraction or taunt to log over bridge. If I have a rope, toss one end to a member while I hold the other end and try to get ogre on log.  4. Would try a convince the guards to accept less (i.e. 4 gold each), party make up would dictate what to do after a failure (intimidate or charm). If successful, and with a rogue, convince rogue to pickpocket the corrupt guards. I tried to offer these regardless of system, though my experience with D&D will colour my view.  My answers are stereotypical. I'll wait to see if other's come up with more interesting answers before reaching out to you, Ajax. Don't think I'd give you a very interesting session.
Without a magic system, magic user will swiftly deal with all situations with free form magic restricted only by the player's imagination. 1) cast a spell that turns the trees into our allies and deals with any danger in the woods. 2) cast a spell that lights the goblins on fire and reduces them to ash. 3) cast a spell that gives the whole party the power of flight and just fly away. 4) cast a spell that produces full sack of gold coins, give the guards a generous tip to boot. If you fail at your d20 roll for some reason, just try again.