Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[WOTC] Ghosts of Saltmarsh Official Bug Thread

Edited 1558477469
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Ghosts of Saltmarsh! Please report any bug or game issues below.  Quick Guide Accessing your content Module The Core Module, which contains all of the necessary information for any game in the series, is a  module . To create a new game based off of the module, click on the  Start New Game  option from the site menu. The column on the right hand side of the page is titled  Optional: Choose a Module . Underneath this are thumbnail tiles for all the various Roll20 modules that are available. For the ones you have purchased, mousing over the thumbnail will make a check mark icon appear over the thumbnail tile. Clicking on the tile will select this module to be used as the base for this new game. Addon Each adventure in  Ghosts of Saltmarsh  is an  addon . These content packages are available via a dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the  Game Details Page . Select the one you wish to add and click on the blue  Add to Game  button beside the drop down menu. Compendium You can access all of the monsters and information from Ghosts of Saltmarsh in the  in-app compendium , as well as on the  Roll20 web compendium . Art Pack You can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app. These assets are only available for in-app use. Which Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Dungeons & Dragons by Roll20 sheet. Additional Notes: Blank Creature and Monster Folders: When adding in an adventure addon to the base module game, your addon "Creature and Monster" folders will be blank. This is due to using the same creatures in the base module, they do not double up in order to assist with game performance.
I received this module as a gift from a player. It says owned in the Marketplace, but is unavailable to choose when I Start New Game.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Blayne S. said: I received this module as a gift from a player. It says owned in the Marketplace, but is unavailable to choose when I Start New Game. Hi Blayne - there seems to be a delay in the pre-order bundle item processing. We're on that now and will have that going for you real soon. Thanks for your patience!
Dean
Roll20 Team
Was just told it should be updated. Can you check for me again Blayne?
It just worked. Thanks a ton! Just so you are aware, the "Create New Game" button on the bottom of the New Game page does not work currently. 
Dean
Roll20 Team
Blayne S. said: It just worked. Thanks a ton! Just so you are aware, the "Create New Game" button on the bottom of the New Game page does not work currently.  Great, thank you :) I'll look into the other report. We just had some backend code updates, so things are hiccuping a little bit. Appreciate your report.
I think the Warship and Sailing ships are sinking captain! (Think it's a bug report)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
T - Those are Rollable Tokens! Right click and go to "Choose Side" and you can see all the levels of the ship :D
Hello so I created a new game and my game does have an image on the campaign details page.

Edited 1558467327
Grog
Pro
There is a typo in the Salt marsh Backgrounds Background in Charlatan is spelt (Background0

Edited 1558468349
T
Pro
There are no named creatures/monsters in the folders of chapter 8, actually now that I look through it, most of those folders are empty throughout the chapters.

Edited 1558470922
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Bug report: No banner image is added to the campaign when creating a new game.

Edited 1558470928
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Bug report: When adding the add-ons, Tammeraut's Fate is added as Chapter 6. It should be Chapter 7.
I don't even have the option to add in the addons. RIP

Edited 1558471647
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Bug report: All of the add-ons include a Creatures & Monsters section (as mentioned by T above). They are all empty, except for Chapter 3 which lists Lizard King or Queen and Chapter 4 which lists Guard 2 . It would be helpful to have all monsters grouped into the main Creatures & Monsters list, which I believe is what is happening for all other add-on monsters. And if there are not any creatures included in the folder, can the folder be deleted so as not to be confusing? Bug Report: In the main Creatures & Monsters -> Lizardfolk, the Lizardfolk Render seems to be missing it's artwork. There is a broken image icon where art should be. This is also reflected on the character sheet.  
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Bug Report: The named creature Thousand Teeth is showing up in the Creatures & Monsters folder, not the Named Creatures & Monsters folder.

Edited 1558471071
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Bug Report: Monsters don't appear in the Compendium. If checked outside of the game on the web compendium, the sources available to search for monsters doesn't include Ghosts of Saltmarsh. Side note - that &D might be from the site update earlier today?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks! The folders for Creatures and Monsters will be empty if the addons are brought into a base module game (For those of you who have Dragon Heist, we used the same methodology to create the Adventure Addons as the Seasons Addons) I'm updating the FAQ at the top of the page as we speak :)
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Beetus_TV said: I don't even have the option to add in the addons. RIP Have you followed the steps on this page to add the addons? It should be on your Game Details Page, with an arrow to twirl it open.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons</a> Here is how that looks before twirling open the Game Addons section. &nbsp;

Edited 1558478714
Alex Winters
Marketplace Creator
Bug Report: Under the description for Mithral armour, it erroenously reads "I£ the armor normally imposes disadvantage...". It should read "If the armor". presumably this was just an OCR issue. Under Saltmarsh Region - Drowned Forest -&gt; Shriekers' Call, it reads "Otherwise, if more of the party’s check totals are less than 10 than greater than 10,". Presumably this should read only "less than 10", or provide a range.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Alex Winters - Thanks for the report about the mithril armor! "Otherwise, if more of the party’s check totals are less than 10 than (are) greater than 10" It's saying if more checks are less than 10 out of the group, then the shriekers are alerted! It's a bit of a clunky sentence, but that is the original formatting from the book.

Edited 1558484929
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Updates! Search should now include Ghosts of Saltmarsh (and the Ampersand should now be looking correct) For a little more information on the empty NPC folders: Any GM who adds one of the Adventure Addons into a game without &nbsp;the Ghosts of Saltmarsh main module will have a filled folder. The blank folder only exists if adding it into the main game, as the monsters already exist. You are free to delete that folder once the addon is added! :) Patch Notes - Ghosts of Saltmarsh 1.1 Thousand Teeth will now be in the Named Creatures folder Typo has been fixed in the Mithral Armor handout Salvage Operation 1.1 There should no longer be a Guard 2 Danger at Dunwater Lizard King or Queen has been removed (as Othokent is the Lizard Queen) Tammeraut's Fate Is now listed as Chapter 7
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Please let me know if the Lizardfolk Render is still broken - It was appearing for me during the patch but I would love a confirm. Thanks!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Trivia said: Please let me know if the Lizardfolk Render is still broken - It was appearing for me during the patch but I would love a confirm. Thanks! Just patched, and it appears to be fixed. Thanks for the updates and the hard work on the module!

Edited 1558571651
Can you put up some map preview's on either the main bundle page or the add-ons? I know I'm not alone in this being a major factor in determining if I buy it or not. Have they continued with the basic Logos-style battle maps similar to the Waterdeep modules? edit. It does help, thanks Trivia!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Loren - Thank you!&nbsp; Jase - We have some screencaps on the "Base Module" part of the bundle -&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/4035/ghosts-of-saltmarsh-base-module" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/4035/ghosts-of-saltmarsh-base-module</a> And you may also be interested in this Twitter thread review -&nbsp; <a href="https://twitter.com/newbiedm/status/1131034305650671616" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/newbiedm/status/1131034305650671616</a> TLDR: They are Logos maps, there's a little Schley in there as well! Let me know if that helps! :)

Edited 1558679198
There does not appear to be a way to access the GoSM Ship tokens (keelboat, sailing ship, etc.) unless a game is created using the base module. Is this a bug or intentional? Will there be a way to add these tokens to existing games to allow for naval encounters using the new tokens we purchased? Additionally, the items from the new content do not appear in the compendium when searched.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Jedd - The ships are set up as rollable tokens which means they can be transmogged into other games, but we do not include them as drag-and-drop tokens from the compendium due to their rollable state. Additionally, vehicle statblocks are not truly the same as NPC statblocks. We have done our best to approximate them in the base Ghosts of Saltmarsh module as an enhancement to the book text. Thank you for the report about item search, that will be updated shortly!
Minor thing, on the "Saltmarsh and Environs" map, it is counting the smaller hexes as "10 leagues", but that is for the larger hexes.&nbsp; The smaller, sub-hexes, are 7500 yards each.
Hey I purchased GoS but don't have access to dynamic lighting in this game nor is it present on the battle maps.&nbsp; example: Is there a setting I've done wrong somewhere or is this a bug?
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Dingo said: Hey I purchased GoS but don't have access to dynamic lighting in this game nor is it present on the battle maps.&nbsp; example: Is there a setting I've done wrong somewhere or is this a bug? Dynamic lighting is a plus and pro subscriber feature. It won’t be enabled in the module unless you subscribe.
Loren the GM said: Dingo said: Hey I purchased GoS but don't have access to dynamic lighting in this game nor is it present on the battle maps.&nbsp; example: Is there a setting I've done wrong somewhere or is this a bug? Dynamic lighting is a plus and pro subscriber feature. It won’t be enabled in the module unless you subscribe. If that's the case this seems misleading. I thought because you purchased the module you would have access to dynamic lighting as a feature for that one game, with the one of the selling points being access to this normally subscription locked feature.&nbsp;
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Dingo said: If that's the case this seems misleading. I thought because you purchased the module you would have access to dynamic lighting as a feature for that one game, with the one of the selling points being access to this normally subscription locked feature.&nbsp; I definitely see how that could be misleading - I believe that is actually updated language from previous text that was trying to make it more clear that you only received dynamic lighting with plus/pro. But indeed, it could easily be read as you say - a feature you receive even if not a plus/pro subscriber. Hopefully the devs will see this and be able to amend the text, perhaps with something like "requires a plus/pro membership to access this feature" to make it more clear on the sales page.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Dingo said: If that's the case this seems misleading. I thought because you purchased the module you would have access to dynamic lighting as a feature for that one game, with the one of the selling points being access to this normally subscription locked feature.&nbsp; I absolutely agree that could be worded more clearly. I have a pretty good guess why this is not the case, though. A user would only need to purchase to module to effectively gain permanent dynamic lighting. Nothing about a module requires you to run only that content. A user could purchase Curse of Strahd for instance, and once the game is created, run anything they want in it. Loren's suggestion is definitely clearer wording.

Edited 1558894957
keithcurtis said: &nbsp; I absolutely agree that could be worded more clearly. I have a pretty good guess why this is not the case, though. A user would only need to purchase to module to effectively gain permanent dynamic lighting. Nothing about a module requires you to run only that content. A user could purchase Curse of Strahd for instance, and once the game is created, run anything they want in it. Loren's suggestion is definitely clearer wording. Yea I can understand the perspective of roll20 but that's not identified clearly enough. It would be nice if perhaps the feature could be enabled on battle maps that come with the game, with any others added by the user only having the default option available unless your a pro/plus member.
I don't seem to have anything from GoS in my Compendium. I preordered the bundle, and I can make a campaign using the module, but even in there the compendium still only has earlier content. I can't just search up and drag out a Sahuagin Blademaster? This can't be intended, can it?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
That you all for your reports regarding the Marketplace text being unclear. I have brought those along to the head of Marketplace to see what's possible.&nbsp; Hydrall - I will check in on that, there was an issue with the search upon release that I had thought was fixed, but it seems not! Thank you for the report.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Search should be populating creatures properly :)
Under the compendium for Ghosts of Saltmarsh when you click on Sample Ships I just get a "Gateway time-out". The same happens for Sample Ships under Rules in game.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Korohval - Thanks for that report, I'll get that updated!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Sample Ships should be working now! Thanks for the reports :)
Not sure if this has already been posted, but the Sailing Ship map has several incorrect labels on the GM layer. There are duplicates of many of the room numbers, and several unlabeled rooms.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Blayne, if you check this page from the compendium, it contains a copy of the ship layout from the print book that we reproduced -&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Sailing%20Ship%20and%20Warship#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Sailing%20Ship%20and%20Warship#content</a> Duplicate room numbers mean they are the same room style, with no difference in the description (ie: everything that's marked Area 11 is a guest cabin/brig)
Trivia said: Sample Ships should be working now! Thanks for the reports :) Hi Trivia, it seems sample ships works in the compendium outside of game, but in-app I still get the "Roll20 refused to connect" message in the window. TIA for your help =)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Ryan, I'll escalate that as it's coming up a few other places too! Appreciate the report!
Trivia said: Hi Blayne, if you check this page from the compendium, it contains a copy of the ship layout from the print book that we reproduced -&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Sailing%20Ship%20and%20Warship#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Sailing%20Ship%20and%20Warship#content</a> Duplicate room numbers mean they are the same room style, with no difference in the description (ie: everything that's marked Area 11 is a guest cabin/brig) So there are no mapped rooms for areas 4. Siege Weapon Ammunition room, and 5. Supplies room?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Blayne - In our copy of the book files - correct. They may correct this in later print editions (It is strange to leave off 4 and 5 but have the rest of the numbers 1-13?) and we can update then as well :)
Why do the ship tokens hide the character tokens when they are placed on the ship tokens? I have tried sending the ship token to the back but it still hides the character tokens.&nbsp;
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
John C. said: Why do the ship tokens hide the character tokens when they are placed on the ship tokens? I have tried sending the ship token to the back but it still hides the character tokens.&nbsp; The update earlier today broke some of the back/front layering for tokens. Here is the thread that seems to be the primary discussion on it right now.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7506249/issue-with-token-layers-after-june-4-2019-patch" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7506249/issue-with-token-layers-after-june-4-2019-patch</a>
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Loren - John this is a known issue, I appreciate your report! It is helpful to know the ship tokens are also affected.