Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Z to Zoom in on art... modal pop-out not working

Edited 1559073082
We like to use the Z to Zoom shortcut, including Shift+Z as the GM, to highlight a nice piece of art before it gets cleared. However, today it's not working for me. I've refreshed, cleared the cache, updated Chrome, etc. What else can I do to troubleshoot this?   It's a small thing but I hope this functionality hasn't changed. Tokens can be underappreciated on a zoomed out map, so this is a nice feature.
Not working for me either, and neither is the magnifying glass button on handouts.
@Christian O, didn't notice the magnifying glass so I just tested it, can confirm it's not working. I was able to use Z to Zoom as recently as yesterday afternoon, so this seems like a recent problem.

Edited 1559084988
Same. Z and the 'Show to Players' button on a handout's page isn't working for me. Swapped browsers, cleared cache, no luck.
Also not working for me either.
I notice this also, this morning when doing game prep. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
"Z" and the handout magnifying glass are working for me. It shouldn't be sheet or shard dependent. I'd suggest doing the Troubleshooting Steps .
I am experiencing the same issues.
Yeah Shift z isnt working for me either. 
Agreed yesterday shift z was working great! so today i got to finish a dungeon and bam not working.
I get the same problem in both Chrome ( Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox (67.0). The console log in Chrome spits this out when I press 'Z' on a selected token. base.js?1559060515:45 Uncaught ReferenceError: d20 is not defined at n (base.js?1559060515:45) at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (base.js?1559060515:45) at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery-1.9.1.js:3074) at HTMLDocument.elemData.handle (jquery-1.9.1.js:2750) at Object.trigger (jquery-1.9.1.js:2986) at Object.jQuery.event.trigger (jquery.migrate.js:468) at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (jquery-1.9.1.js:3677) at Function.each (jquery-1.9.1.js:648) at jQuery.fn.init.each (jquery-1.9.1.js:270) at jQuery.fn.init.trigger (jquery-1.9.1.js:3676)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's weird. Is anybody for whom "Z" is not working using a Macintosh, maybe? I can't reproduce the error, and I'm on a Mac.
I tried on my Mac as well. Still can't get "Z" working.
Likewise, on chrome, worked yesterday.
Same here, Chrome and Firefox on Mac, no z, shift-z or magnifying glass.

Edited 1559104790
Just had a session and all four of us were unable to click the magnifying glass to zoom in on art. Didn't think of trying "Z" during game, but just check and it's not working at the moment either. I tried both Chrome ( Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) ) and Firefox (67.0) on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS. My players I believe were all on Windows 10 machines and 2 of the 3 were on Firefox, the other Chrome.
Same logs as Doug E.
+1 having the same issues with the same output to console.
+1 as well. Can't get the zoom to work on handouts. Could that please be fixed asap? My riddle-heavy session starts saturday, with loads of handouts that are hard to read when not properly zoomed in...
The issues on roll20 are really becoming an issue.
Hi everyone, Thank you for all of the reports-- I was able to reproduce this issue on my end as well and a bug ticket has been submitted to the development team so we can get a fix going out. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited 1559152511
Thanks everyone for helping to report it! I am on a PC and can share more information, but it sounds like you're already on the case, @Drespar.  Looking forward to having this back!
CyborgPrime
Pro
Marketplace Creator
oh good I thought I was going crazy..the handout zoom suddenly stopped working in all my browsers - I tested in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome - no zoom. something I need, as the graphic is a highly detailed graphic thanks for working on this
It's very  annoying. Hoping for a quick hotfix.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Has anybody tried without using any extensions? I know of a couple other people who are not having this problem besides myself. It might be a specific, but common extension?

Edited 1559155613
Chiming in as well - tested on multiple browsers, and found the issue on all. Happy to see the dev guys are on it! Also @keithcurtis, I've disabled ALL extensions on browsers, so pretty sure it's nothing on that end.
keithcurtis said: Has anybody tried without using any extensions? I know of a couple other people who are not having this problem besides myself. It might be a specific, but common extension? No extensions on my end.
Handouts and token zoom isn't working for me either. Any update?
Still not working for me either. 
As a partial and very primitive workaround until this crucial feature is fixed, I found that if you pop out the handout window and click on the magnifying glass, the image will open in a new tab in the browser at full size.
Moving additional reports here: Mark U. said: Hey guys, I just ran a session and my Shift Z wont display images anymore. Ive been running 40+ consecutive sessions now and no problems till tonight. I'm running on Chrome and have not changed anything recently.....so no idea whats going on. If anyone can help me figure it out, I would very much appreciate it. I really rely on image share to improve my game experience. Thanks!!!!! Chris said: Same here.  No Shift +z
Moving report here: otecian  said: Well first im french and my english isnt the best so please dont mind the mistake. Im here to ask about a problem we are facing with the handout, when we want to display the picture in the handout it doesn't zoom on it. The result is that we can't reed what is written on it cause its to small. have someone an answer about this problem?
Moving report here: Wordsmith  said: Both the Z shortcut and the Shift + Z shortcut when you've selected a token are not zooming in on the image or sharing the image for players to see. I'm not sure why it stopped working.
Any resolution on this?

Edited 1559173735
+1 neither Z nor Shift+Z work for me either. I DM weekly and use it often and first noticed it stopped working around the end of last week, roughly the 23rd-24th. I've tried in Chrome and Firefox, with and w/o addons, and it doesn't work no matter what I do. Similar to other reports clicking on art in handouts no longer blows it up either. 
CyborgPrime
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Mike Donovan said: As a partial and very primitive workaround until this crucial feature is fixed, I found that if you pop out the handout window and click on the magnifying glass, the image will open in a new tab in the browser at full size. that worked for me as a temporary work-around - thanks
In regards to extensions, this is strange because I am having the issue both on Chrome and Firefox. And the firefox is a completely new installation. So I don't see how this is a browser issue.
+1 same issue, no Z, Shft+Z, or Handout Zoom. I just wonder how in the world this could crop up all of a sudden.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
We just pushed a hotfix that should fix this issue.
It works for me now!  Thank you!
Can confirm issue works now on Chrome in-app.
Great, thanks.

Edited 1559265302
Excellent!  Just tested and Z, Shift+Z, and the handout zoom are working for me now on Chrome / Windows 10. Thanks!