Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Text/Discord][M&M3e] Akame Ga Kill-inspired game [RP Heavy]

Edited 1559710005
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
You are a murderer. Between the highest pillars of the noble spires to the muddy slums, the Imperial Capital has begun to slowly rot from within over the past decade. Corruption, decadence, & lies have caused the rise of the Revolutionary Army to the south while vicious advisors influence the Imperial Throne from the comfort of the city. This isn't a story about heroes of justice or righteousness being done, this is the story of a band of assassins cleansing the city to prepare for the day of revolution. Armed with their training, their bonds, & the legendary powers granted through their Imperial Arms, it is time to start the trickle of blood through the streets before the floodgates burst. Welcome to Raven Call Hello, I am running a game heavily influenced by the anime Akame Ga Kill. This game will be using the M&M3e system: players will create their own characters , but imperial arms will be designed by me. I am hoping to get about 4-7 players. This game will be session based but I am hoping for people who enjoy RPing on their downtime & enjoy inter-character interaction. Not all weekly combat missions will focus on every member of the team. Despite this being an M&M3e game, I would prefer the emphasis be on the story & designing the sheet around what the character is supposed to be lore-wise instead of a min-maxed monster. I understand there is a shortage of M&M3e games, but if you want to just show up once a week to fight with a broken character this isn't the right game. I want this to be a memorable & serious story that everyone can become engaged in. Games will be @ 6:00 PM PST on Friday or Saturday depending on what works better. If you are interested, please post the following below: Age: What day you can make: (Friday and/or Saturday) Experience with text RPs: Little about yourself: What are you looking for out of the RP: Questions:
Age: 21 What day you can make: Both Experience with text RPs:  My very first games on roll20 were text based, and i quite enjoyed it that was around 3 years ago and its been awhile since i've done a text rp but i'm sure i would be capable of adapting. Little about yourself: My name is Zev, i Adore the works of H.P. Lovecraft and love Mutants and masterminds as a TTRPG system. I have 3-4 years experience in TTRPGS, most of which is DND5e but i do have 1-2 years in MNM3e. What are you looking for out of the RP: Playing as well as interacting with fun and interesting characters, downtime shenanigans. Questions: Are we allowed to have input on the Teigu we wield if any at all?
Age:  27 What day you can make:  Either Experience with text RPs:  I've participated in text rps enough to know best-practices  Little about yourself: I'm a hobby digital artist and I love stories that have tremendous lore. W hat are you looking for out of the RP: A chance to hone my character development skills. Questions: Is it required of us to have watched Akame Ga Kill? If so, I can definitely binge it before we start the game.

Edited 1559721305
Age:47 What day you can make: (Friday and/or Saturday):  Either Experience with text RPs:  Not much Little about yourself:  I'm interested in getting back into RPGs having not played much in quite a while What are you looking for out of the RP:  This game seems like it would have a strong espionage angle to it which I'd very much like to try.  I'm hoping the characters will have discretion to investigate and strategize rather than just being given missions. Questions:  What sorts of powers and power level are you thinking?  I'm always interested in noncombat utility.  I'm not familiar with the anime.  Also, how adult will the material get?  Not a problem, just wondering.
Age: 19 What day you can make: (Friday and/or Saturday) I can probably make both  Experience with text RPs: I have a bit of experience  Little about yourself: I love to read stories that has a tone of lore behind it amd i love to do Rp What are you looking for out of the RP: just having fun and a chance to improve my character development Questions: do we have to know much about kill la kill? i know the basics but haven't watched the full show yet 
Age:  22 What day you can make: (Friday and/or Saturday):  Both Experience with text RPs: I've mainly and only played on Text-Based Roleplaying campaigns. I also do a lot of writing on the side and like to make stories so text helps me improve it a lot.  Little about yourself: Just a simple guy trying to find a good campaign. I like to exercise a lot to the point where I'm only a couple of steps before falling into a meathead pit, I also dabble in some anime but haven't watched anything new recently, and I like to fight, been training in MMA for a minute. What are you looking for out of the RP:  A really good experience and a chance to roleplay in a cool setting, develop a character, and explore a deep narrative. Questions: None.
@Hastur Like in the original story, everyone will get an Imperial Arm, as for say.... I would say its veto power, if you can tell me indefinitely you wouldn't have fun with it, I would try again. I took a similar stance in choosing servants for a fate/stay night RP & everyone was satisfied with the servants they got so I hope to make sure I create Imperial arms that people enjoy playing with. @Gris Ideally I would say the wiki is enough but would strongly prefer it had been watched...primarily because watching the anime introduces alot of concepts & in past RPs some players didn't bother reading the wiki & got upset they weren't aware of something @Dean Indefinitely thinking PL4 but its not for sure yet. I plan for this to be a very dark game on a similar level to the anime, so pretty adult in some regards. @Random It would be more to your benefit to know the basics about Akame Ga Kill, at least the first 12 episodes.
awesome, i love fate! if your confident you can find something everyone enjoys to there own, im fine with that.
ok cool I'll go back and rewatch those episodes then just as a refresher 

Edited 1559862501
Bella
Plus
Age: 25 What day you can make: (Friday and/or Saturday) Preferably Saturdays. I have a game every other week on Fridays. Experience with text RPs: On Roll20 I've primarily played text based games, so I actually prefer text RP! I have a roleplay background dating back to when people actually used Gaia Online en masse. Little about yourself: My name's Bella and I'm a trans girl and apprentice electrician in California. I'm looking to join a game with my partner Sienna. We're both into anime and enjoy maintaining a sense of humor even in dark and serious settings, and I particularly was interested in stretching out into M&M some more after having a little taste of it a while ago. What are you looking for out of the RP: I'd like to be in a place where creative or interesting ideas to solve problems are rewarded, and where my character and her beliefs can mesh with those of her party. I feel like a band of assassins has to have a certain grim sort of humor about them that bonds them to each other, among other things! Questions: What qualities do you look for in the ideal player? What kind of game do you like to play? Have you ever had to resort to a bit of Calvinball in order to let cool things happen? Is there any plan for character power level growth?
@Bella What qualities do you look for in the ideal player? Good writing skills, an ability to learn & adapt to various styles of play. Knows the difference between a dark & edgy. Knows when to be serious, knows how to do some humor. I don't really try to treat the game I runs like board game night, I want the story to be memorable, not just to me but to the players, I want them to remember the moments they have with their character, everything they go through. To me its more important to make it engaging than making it fun, so humor aside I'd like to avoid players who try to meme team their way through everything. I also don't like lackluster stories, if someone needs help coming up with writing ideas, thats fine, but I've had issues in the past where they give me a single paragraph then spend days messing with their stats & that became the sole point of the character. What kind of game do you like to play? I'm more of a GM these days than a player, though I prefer to play games that need thinking through instead of just rolling dice. Video game wise, I like multiplayer games such as Mordhau, Earth Defense force, etc, but solo I prefer strategy games like Hearts of Iron IV, Total War, or Rimworld. Have you ever had to resort to a bit of Calvinball in order to let cool things happen? I don't really understand how this relates to RPs but I'll try to respond as best I can. I'm not sure I'd say that, in most games I've played on Roll20, its very clear the players are going to win, thats part of the adventure, everything is supposed to be rewarding but thats not how it is realistically, the world doesn't try to balance how life turns out, if you make a decision, then I'm not going to change things in the background to reward or punish that, I'm just going to go what would be the next natural occurrence. I don't fudge, and for the most part, my players are used to that and there is a thrill of knowing that everything isn't just going to easily work out. Actual decisions are more important than the luck of the die in my opinion. If this doesn't answer your question very well I am sorry though if  you can clarify I can try again. Is there any plan for character power level growth? I am not 100% sure yet. I someone wanted to make an early character just starting their training, then I'd say yes, they would grow. If they want to be someone at their peak, like the vets of Night Raid in Akame Ga Kill, most likely not as much. In the show, the vets deal with their own issues, no spoilers given however. @Soushi In the beginning, how are we going to bring are characters together? Like do we just meet up for a mission? Or did we coincidentally found each other during an attack? This would probably be discussed more with the character's backstory in mind, I'd allow newer people joining & some people starting as vets of the group. Keeping in mind how the vets are in the actual anime however. So to answer your question, you will probably know each other from the start. Any rules on if we have like emergencies or if something shows up during the day of the session? I know real life comes up so I'd just like to know ahead of time when possible. Though if its a consistent issue I'd probably ask the person to step down from the game. In the past, I have some people with "random" commitments keep showing/not showing up and it would disrupt the game. So in short, having IRL stuff is fine, communicating with me is good, but not if you know you'll probably be consistently missing then its just not fair to everyone else who wants to play. How will you incorporate Mutants and Masterminds rules into the Campaign itself? Like how will the ability system work with the teigus? Do we get to like develop abilities in them ourselves or just stick to how you made them? Players will do the stats for their own characters, I will design the Imperial Arms as removable gear, as I mentioned early, I'll probably run the concept by the player first before assigning the weapon stats so I'll try to create something the player will be happy with. Sorry for asking to much questions btw >> Thank you for asking questions, I like answering
Age: 29 What day you can make: Saturdays, as we've got a weekly on Fridays Experience with text RPs: Pretty much exclusively! Little about yourself: I'm Sienna and I'm ALSO a trans girl and ALSo an apprentice electrician in California who's looking to join a game with my partner Bella! M&M has proven to be cool and fun and we've been looking for a promising game of it for a while! What are you looking for out of the RP: A place where we can tell a cool cooperative story and get to use our characters and ideas in fun and creative ways that aren't strictly tied down to mechanics. Questions: Bella more or less covered them all!
Thank you everyone for your time & interest, but unfortunately alot more people applied than I had space for so I couldn't send everyone an invite. I wish you the best of luck in finding games.
Are you going to take down the LFG page then?

Edited 1560560658
Age: 19 What day you can make: (Friday and/or Saturday):  Friday Experience with text RPs: I primarily play text rpgs, as it is much more manageable than voice ones. I've been roleplaying since 3-4 years ish or so, and had gome through high and hell of roleplaying, if I may say so myself. From incompetent partners, and cringy posts, to the heavenly feeling of compatibility with a player. For general TTRPGs, I started out three years before this post was made. I also have GM-ing experience, for two years. Although it may be a little rusty. I've olayed M&M before but not really... got into the point where I understand the system thoroughly. So I'm still unexperienced on some edges. Little about yourself: I'm a jobless HS graduate trying to make most of my time learning new things and skills that may or may not help me prepare with the boring life of an adult. Or that's what they say. Regardless, I still play some TTRPGs during weekends, where I can freely use my time instead of learning those skills. What are you looking for out of the RP: Fun interactions with the players and NPCs, and some space for character building. Questions: None as of yet.