Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Specific for GURPS (maybe other games?)

GURPS retains decimal points when determining order of action in a round. Player 1 might have 5.5 while player 2 is 6.25 and player 3 is 5.75. In the Turn Order box the arrange numerically button doesn't seem to register the decimal point. I could (and do) type 550 and 625 and 575. But it would be great to use the decimal point and not have to feed in the correct order before hand. Especially if new combatants enter the zone. GURPS measures everything in yards too. The fact that I can make a hex equal 3 ft is great. But I have to convert the ruler into yards. It would be awesome if 1 hex could equal 1 yard. Then the ruler would calculate in yards too.
Awesome! My Turn Order now sorts decimal points numerically! Is there any chance of adding a Yard to the Hex scale? And then the ruler?  Maybe adding any other scales that might be useful in other games? Maybe light years could be needed for groups playing deep galaxy games with ship combat and warp speeds. Anyone +1 on adding more scale distance to the Hex?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Odd, I do not see the same behavior regarding sorting decimal points.  - Gauss
Yards would be nice.
A week or so ago my GM had an issue with the 'sort numerically' button. I checked my table and I had the same issue. It works now so I don't know. It worked before so I was confused.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Scott, I did some further testing and if the decimals just happen to be aligned in order they can give the appearance of organizing via decimal order.  Example:  #1 = 6 #2 = 8.5 #3 = 5.5 #4 = 10 #5 = 5.1 Hit organize and you get:  #4 = 10 #2 = 8.5 #1 = 6 #3 = 5.5 #5 = 5.1 As you can see, it is organized properly. However, 5.5 and 5.1 were already in order relative to each other. If #3 was 4.2 and #5 was 4.5 they would be backwards in the turn order.  Simply put, the turn order does not currently pay attention to decimal places and your original suggestion is still valid. (Note: validity does not mean I support it, only that it is not already implemented.) - Gauss
Now I know. Adding the decimal point to numerical sorting would be great for us GURPS players. Maybe other games could make use of this? Any GURPS players want to +1 this suggestion?
Scott P. said: Any GURPS players want to +1 this suggestion? +1 to both allowing sorting including decimal and having a 1 yard distance.
+1 from me too.
I just did a test Turn Order in my game lobby using decimals. I added tokens with turns in this order. 4.0, 4.25, 5.5, 5.75. I hit the numerical sort and it sorted highest to lowest accounting for the decimal place. They were indeed arranged in numerical order! Tell me this wasn't a strange random occurrence and now the numerical sort takes the decimal into consideration. Thank you for this change from a very happy GURPS player! Hmm. I can't reply with emoticons. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Maybe I'll make a suggestion.
Gauss
Forum Champion
This was fixed a few days ago.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/98431/sort-numerically-cant-handle-decimals#post-114807" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/98431/sort-numerically-cant-handle-decimals#post-114807</a> - Gauss