Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Utilizing Monster Manual, Volo's Guide to Monsters, and other assets' art.

I think it should be possible to utilize the tokens from the Monster Manual, Volo's Guide to Monsters, and other similar assets for our own purposes. Currently the only way to make a character using them is to take the monster they're from and completely re-do them, which is a lot of work just to use the token art.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You don't have to take the base sheet and recreate anything, you could just drag the token onto the VTT change which sheet it 'represents' and then set it as the default token on the sheet you want it to be used on (remembering to set bar values and light settings accordingly first too). Failing that, if you wanted slightly more work but more flexibility at the cost of personal library space, press 'z' on a token and right-click>save the resultant image, then edit and/or re-upload to have it available to use for whatever, whenever :)
You don't have to take the base sheet and recreate anything, you could just drag the token onto the VTT change which sheet it 'represents' and then set it as the default token on the sheet you want it to be used on (remembering to set bar values and light settings accordingly first too). Except this doesn't change the handout's picture in the journal, which is what I'm looking for (for example, letting the players see it when they wish0.  Failing that, if you wanted slightly more work but more flexibility at the cost of personal library space, press 'z' on a token and right-click>save the resultant image, then edit and/or re-upload to have it available to use for whatever, whenever :) And this not only uses up library space, as you said, but it would take ages to do. At least 300 pictures to save (to be equivalent to what I'm asking for) that you have to save individually is a big setback when it could just be available in the premium assets. Never mind that this isn't practical at all for free users, who have a meager 100 MB of storage. There is no way somebody could have all the tokens granted by the MM, VGtM, and MToF (among whatever else they might have) and not reach 100 MB.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah I see, I didn't get the avatar bit, I was blinkered by tokens sorry. I 100% agree with everything you are saying by the way, just wanted to make sure you were aware of some of the options that aren't immediately obvious :) I suspect there are licensing limitations that might prevent compendium additions from being art library additions but 'you don't suggest, you don't get' as they sort of say! Good luck with the suggestion
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .