Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Odd healthbar issue?

Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
I just noticed something odd when experimenting with some characters/tokens. What you see below is an image from right after i draged a skeleton from the list on the right. See that? For some reason it has a healthbar, exactly the way I want it, but alas, I can't figure out why, and I can't reproduce the error with other tokens. I tried changing the "Skeleton HP" attribute to 5, then replacing the tokens, but that still changed nothing. They still come into existance with 4 hp and a healthbar. What is going on here? Is there a feature I've missed?
My guess is that you had a token on the map with the numbers as shown in Bar 3 on the Edit Token window, and then used that token as the default in the Bio-Info section of the journal entry. Since that token's attributes (everything about it) is what was saved, that's what you'll get each time you drag that journal entry's token onto the map. The reason it's a 4 on the token, and a 5 in the journal, is that the two properties are unrelated (the way you did it). To correct this, you'll need to follow a few steps: On the Edit Token window, set Represents Character to "Skeleton". Set Bar 3 to represent Skeleton HP Save that and open the Skeleton journal. Delete the default token. Replace it with the one you just made. This will give you a skeleton token that is a 'character' type; all instances of that token are identical, and when you change the hp on one, they will all change. To make it a 'mook' type, where each token tracks its HP individually, go back to this step: Set Bar 3 to represent Skeleton HP And follow it with: Set Bar 3 to represent None Then save, delete, replace as above. For a better explanation, please see this wikipedia entry, which lays out the steps in order: Linking Tokens to Journals
Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
That makes sense. Ill try it out! Thanks!