Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

"Creature" Storage

It took me a while to figure this out, and in doing so I believe a suggestion is in order. I want to load monsters for my campaign, they need attributes (str, dex, etc) and have attacks (macros) and even get tokens.  I tried just putting tokens down, but that requires I update every token when I make a change. Gauss made a hint at this in one of my posts that I finally understood.  You need to load your monsters in the Journal so that you can update them globally. Here is where the suggestion comes in. Characters, Handouts, Creatures The moment I start adding 50+ monsters into my campaign, this Journal menu becomes unmanageable. For fast access, and clarity, it'd be nice if it were searchable, but most importantly, it needs to be separate from my Characters and Handouts and preferably collapsible.
or pinning them to map <a href="http://app.roll20.net/forum/post/74613/pinning-characters-to-page-slash-map-global-and-local-characters#post-75711" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/forum/post/74613/pinning-characters-to-page-slash-map-global-and-local-characters#post-75711</a>
+1 this idea
I definitely agree. &nbsp;It'd be even better to have collapsible menus which organize alphabetically for Characters, NPCs, and Monsters. &nbsp;That'd make it much &nbsp;easier to organize everything.
Yes, if a campaign lasts, it will have too many things for a single journal. +1 the idea for diversifying and collapsible.
This would be absolutely fantastic. +1
Really digging this idea. +1
+1 to this wonderful idea. I'd love to see it implemented!
+1&nbsp; It'd also be nice if there was some sort of universal file that could be accessed between campaigns so you could quickly access characters, monsters, etc. from multiple campaigns. Once you have generated a 'staple' creature for instance, with all relevant stats and macros, it'd be nice to have access to it in another campaign instead of expending time going through the process all over again.
+1
Aaron said: I definitely agree. &nbsp;It'd be even better to have collapsible menus which organize alphabetically for Characters, NPCs, and Monsters. &nbsp;That'd make it much &nbsp;easier to organize everything. +1 to this It would be even better if they could be stored so that they could be used in any campaign not just the one they are created in.
+1
+1, I guess would be the proper response. I think the character sheet handouts could use some improving too, as I discovered many a new player had no clue where to put their information at all.
+1
I am new to Roll20, coming from FG2, and definitely this is a +1 suggestion!
I also concurr, this would be awesome.
+1 to this idea
+1, for sure. &nbsp;I hadn't even figured out to use the Journal as a database in this way. &nbsp;I also agree with @Maetco that "It would be even better if they could be stored so that they could be used in any campaign not just the one they are created in." So whether this multi-campaign database is still accessed via the Journal or not, it's a great idea. Thom
Thom said: I also agree with @Maetco that "It would be even better if they could be stored so that they could be used in any campaign not just the one they are created in." Thom 100% agree, in fact if not able to be used globally it diminishes the value of even storing them.
+1
+1, Awesome&nbsp;idea.
+1
Dylan G.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
+1
all the +1s
+1
Nice idea you got here +1