Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forbidden Lands sheet beta

Very cool sheet Vince, I am going to use this next week! I am nitpicking here but I found a little bug on how Healing and Insight are calculated: Healing (WIT) is calculated with @{emphaty_total} but should be calculated with @{wits_total}, Insight (EMP) is calculated with @{wits_total} but should be calculated with @{emphaty_total}. Thanks for your awesome work!

Edited 1556147330
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Jan. This should be fixed with this week's pulls.&nbsp; Might not be live till tomorrow. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/4977" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/4977</a> &nbsp; (thank you Wes)
Wes
Sheet Author
I was like what did I do... Yeah thanks to the other Wes!!!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wes said: I was like what did I do... Yeah thanks to the other Wes!!! How assuming of you.&nbsp; ;-P
Hey was wondering if there would be a way to help keep track of gear damage? For example, under Weapons, it would be good to have a way to know what is the maximum bonus of a weapon. Not too sure how I'd present this though.

Edited 1556666207
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
For simplicity, you could place the max bonus next to the weapon's name e.g. " Broadsword +2 " and change the bonus field as needed.&nbsp; If that seems a too "janky", maybe I could add a max bonus attribute/field to the sheet...
I guess that works!

Edited 1557264288
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Adrramyr said: I guess that works! I could add an additional column on the weapon row for max bonus e.g. "Max" which could use the attribute @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapon_bonus_max} Would this also be beneficial for Armor/Shields? Thoughts?
Wes
Sheet Author
Affirmative, it would be beneficial!

Edited 1557475507
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I've added a Max column/field to the weapon row.&nbsp; (on the beta game) Armor already includes a method to track armor damage on the sheet, so not really a need to include a "Max" there. As far as I can tell, Shields don't take damage.&nbsp; Right...?&nbsp; (Parry with gear dice and/or Shove)&nbsp; Is my assumption correct on Shields?&nbsp; Seems odd.

Edited 1557475579
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Update : never-mind. Looks like shields can also suffer damage like weapons.&nbsp; So, I've added a "Max" for shields as well.
Hi Vince, thanks for the awesome work! Is there a chance you can add a check to consider a character's rank in the talent Pack Rat, in order to calculate their total carrying capacity?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hilton said: Hi Vince, thanks for the awesome work! Is there a chance you can add a check to consider a character's rank in the talent Pack Rat, in order to calculate their total carrying capacity? I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.&nbsp; Thanks for the suggestion Hilton.

Edited 1557907386
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Hilton I've added an option for "Pack Rat" directly under Carry | Encumbrance I also realized that Carry was being calculated incorrectly.&nbsp; Carry should be calculated using base Strength, not Damaged Strength.&nbsp; Sorry about that.&nbsp; This has also been corrected. You can check the beta game.&nbsp; I'll make a PR for next week's updates. ( <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5079" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5079</a> ) Cheers
That's great Vince, thanks for implementing it! :)
A big thank you to you, Vince, for creating and sharing this! We’ve been using your character sheet a couple of times now and have had so much fun playing. Was thrilled to find the sheet AND a solution as to how to throw the dice over the net. Thank you! We did notice, however, there seems to be a problem with ”animal handling” and ”sleigh of hands” as those show as ”fault” when rolling the dice pool. Last weekend we also noticed, quite a few times, that the dice pool did not roll the attribute dice. Couldn’t find a correlation between a certain skill throw or anything. Will continue using this, trying to find out more.&nbsp; Once again, thank you for sharing your sheet!
Oh! And another thing. When using the drop down menu setting the level of spells or talents to ”3”, they seem to automatically change to ”4” when you close the sheet and then korn it again. If there is a way to remedy that it would be super.&nbsp;

Edited 1561618441
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Calle.&nbsp; At work currently, but I'll have a look tonight and figure out what's going on.&nbsp; Cheers

Edited 1561619647
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Found the issues; Animal Handling and Sleight of Hand were simply not able to find a translation key.&nbsp; ie the code was looking for a key called "animal_handling" when it should have been looking for "animal-handling".&nbsp; Even though both skills would show "false/fault", their dice pool and rolls were correct and it was merely a cosmetic issue. I'll submit a fix for next week. Spell rank 4 reverts to 3; simple typo fix&nbsp; I had&nbsp;&lt;option value="3"&gt;4&lt;/option&gt; This will be fixed as well. "... quite a few times, that the dice pool did not roll the attribute dice. "&nbsp; Sleight of hand seems to be having this issue (well, it doesn't seem to update attribute dice beyond 0.&nbsp; I'm still investigating)...
Wow! Faster and more detailed answer than I’ve ever recieved from any companys official support. Ever. Thank you for doing this!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.3 update fix for incorrect translation keys for Animal Handling and Sleight of Hand which caused "false" or "fault" to be displayed as the roll preset. fix for the Spell rank selector of 4 given the value of "3". fix for Sleight of Hand Attribute dice stuck at "0". added column header label of "Don" to the Armor/Helmet section to help indicate what the equip checkbox is to be used for. added a "Dice Only" tab which might be useful for GM's. other small cosmetic adjustments. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5246" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5246</a>
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Sounds awesome! BTW - we started our game of Forbidden Lands today and were building out characters. &nbsp;One of our players is colorblind and had trouble with the red button (when we told him to click the red button, he had no idea which buttons as red). &nbsp;Not sure you need to do anything, but it got me reading some things on accessibility for the colorblind; one thing they mentioned was using symbols of some sort along with the red color. Something to consider. If you'd like I can ask the guy if he has any suggestions on things that might make the sheet easier for him? I may need to post this to the character sheet forums as well, as something for all us Sheet Authors to consider, because he has problems with things that don't have good contrast either...

Edited 1561865209
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Finderski.&nbsp; Currently the only time a button changes color(red button/white text) is when you mouse over the button on the sheet...&nbsp; All the sheet roll button's "should" just look like clickable buttons (rounded border w/drop shadow) with the button text indicating what the roll does. I'll see if I can include some other type of indicator on hover.&nbsp; Maybe a dashed border or bold?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Thanks Finderski.&nbsp; Currently the only time a button changes color(red button/white text) is when you mouse over the button on the sheet... I'll see if I can include some other type of indicator on hover.&nbsp; Maybe a dashed border or bold? Well, the dice pool has the selected value set to red (skill level, but the Attribute one doesn't), too, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'll ask him what the color red looks like. &nbsp;I'm assuming it doesn't looks like white, so that may be sufficient. &nbsp;:)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I could add some type of visual cue in addition to the color change that indicates which dice are selected.&nbsp; I'll need to give it some thought.&nbsp; I suppose sheet authors should also include ARIA code as well.&nbsp; We did this on the Pathfinder Community sheet.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince said: I could add some type of visual cue in addition to the color change that indicates which dice are selected.&nbsp; I'll need to give it some thought.&nbsp; I suppose sheet authors should also include ARIA code as well.&nbsp; We did this on the Pathfinder Community sheet. I guess I have some reading to do, because I should probably include that in the sheets I support...

Edited 1562012551
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.3 update <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5246" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5246</a> fix: incorrect translation keys for Animal Handling and Sleight of Hand caused "false" or "fault" to be displayed as the roll preset. fix: Spell rank selector of 4 given the value of "3". fix: Sleight of Hand Attribute dice were stuck at "0". added column header label of "Don" to the Armor/Helmet section to help indicate what the equip checkbox is to be used for. added a " Dice Only " tab which might be useful for GM's. fix: clear unnecessary dice in pool when using Reputation and Armor roll presets. fix: clear Gear dice when using Skill preset added dotted borders around selected roll buttons and # of dice selected in pool to help indicate what is actually selected for colorblind users. other small cosmetic adjustments resized logo to give more room for sheet stats updated navigational tabs dice only option; borders to help&nbsp; colorblind &nbsp;users see which rolls/dice are selected; .
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince, you're awesome! :)
Wes
Sheet Author
That is stellar Vince!
My character sheets seems to still be v1.2. Last time you did an update, they automatically updated from 1.1 to 1.2. Do I have to load a new sheet for my game and manually transfer everything written on the old one or is the 1.3 just not uploaded yet?
Wes
Sheet Author
Version 1.3 just hasn't updated yet. It will do so automatically but it takes some time.
Ok. Thanks.

Edited 1562114068
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Normally pulls are done on Monday mornings (Cassie was kind enough to let me slip a couple of last minute changes in this week... thanks Cassie.)&nbsp; I think Tue/Wed is usually the day we see the changes.&nbsp; Sheet's using the Forbidden Lands template from roll20 will automatically get the update.&nbsp; Anyone using a custom build of the sheet will need to manually grab the code and update their game to get the latest updates.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
v1.3 is live for me. ;-)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
v1.4 small update <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5273" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5273</a> added a descriptive note to Consumable rolls as a reminder that you must manually adjust the consumable die on the sheet if you roll a Bane. small adjustments to roll template header(made a little more room for text) and footer(hid the new line provided for a div if a {{footer}} was not found in the roll).
Awesome Vince. Thanks! Can't wait to try it out again soon.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Someone mentioned to me that it might be beneficial to include a "GM" section on the sheet to help track combatants during an encounter.&nbsp; Not sure how everyone is handling this. New sheet for each named NPC and your typical mook option using one sheet and many tokens perhaps? What are your thoughts on including a repeating section where GM's could add a terse statblock.&nbsp; Add as needed, or ignore.&nbsp; It might include name, attributes, and notes...&nbsp; Would this be OK to include on the sheet, or is this something better handled "off-sheet", handout with a simple table perhaps?&nbsp; Thoughts?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In my own Pendragon sheet (which isnt uploaded), I do something like this. I have a config switch which allows you to switch between PC, NPC, GM (notes an quick rolls) and a couple of other modes specific to pendragon. The PC mode itself has the usual set of tabs, but when you switch to another mod, they are all hidden. I think the D&amp;D/pathfinder sheets do the same thing with PC/NPC mode, but I find it handy having a GM mode where you have a couple of repeating sections for things like quick rolls here you dont want to fully stat up a character or where you are running some sort of challenge where you need defined rolls but again, not an actual character. I havent played Forbidden Lands yet so i dont know how useful something like this would be, but it could be worth thinking about. At the very least, a terse statblock + notes section for npcs is handy.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for your input GiGs, which is always held in high regard...&nbsp;&nbsp; I currently use tabs on the sheet for (Character, Strongholds, and Dice Only)&nbsp; So adding a GM-helper section/area shouldn't be an issue.&nbsp; I just don't want to unnecessarily add bloat to an otherwise "rules-light" system/sheet.&nbsp; I still haven't been able to play FL (hides head in shame), although I have followed a few actual plays to help learn the system better.&nbsp; Again, I'm not sure how GM's are actually tracking stats for multiple npc's/monsters.&nbsp; I normally make a unique sheet for named npc/monster and create a single sheet and mook tokens for everyone else which seems to work OK in PF, 5e, and AD&amp;D1e.
So, we've just finished our latest session, the one with the new V1.4 of the character sheet. Seems to work fine and the only problems we had was due to people forgetting to deduct dice when pushing rolls. I see this as an user induced problem and it doesn't bother me during game. As for the NPC sheet it sure sounds intriguing but since this is my first try with a VTT I really couldn't say what to make of it. I mean, I track HP, WP and other stuff like I always have, using pen and paper behind my screen, and it really flows quite ok. I also roll most of my dice live, behind screen, unless there's some special reason as to why my players would know how many dice I roll and the result. However, should you make a NPC sheet I would gladly try it out.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I like to use these GM tabs to replace the need for pen and paper to track things. But if you are playing in meatspace it's less necessary. In my pendragon sheet, I have the GM sheet as separate from the PC sheet, so you can have multiple set up as different characters. Creating one sheet per adventure, to store notes and likely needed rolls for that adventure is very handy. If you just want to add it as a separate tab visible on the player sheet, that'll work fine, but they really dont need to see it, unless you set it up as a space for them to keep notes, too. But thinking about what a GM might need, and doing a bit of brainstorming, I think something like: Adventure or Session Notes/Reminders: repeating section of textareas, where GM can jot down things they need to remember, or make notes as the session progresses PC Details: a repeating section with an input for pc name, and a textarea for notes you need to remind yourself or any statuses that apply, etc Ad-hoc Rolls: a repeating section with several inputs, and a roll button: text input: name/source of challenge, number input: rating of thing, Button: roll displaying the name/source/nature of the roll, and the roll result.&nbsp; Quick NPC section: this is trickier to design, since it should be a repeating section, but you cant nest repeating sections insider each other, so you'd have to decide how many skill/ability slots are going to be standard. Personally, I skip this one, and use the adhoc roll section for quick npcs, splitting that first input into two: name, skill so it displayers properly when rolled. You might not need to do that. With these sections, GMs can keep a lot of information readily to hand for the ongoing session, can add reminders as the session progresses and delete them as they aren't needed any more. This works great for games were you have a lot of mook level monsters where you only track one or two skills and dont want to create proper character sheets for each, or need to make rolls that aren't associated with a character.
Wes
Sheet Author
Hey Vince, I haven't run a game of Forbidden Lands yet but mechanics wise the rules are built to have the creatures / npc use a random generator for action usage. A la roll a d6 to figure out what skill to use. (you can also choose). And I believe that they can have upwards of 20 base dice (Ludicrous Amounts of Dice) to resolve that action so if you wanted to use the dice pool system some modifications would have to be ever so gently be hammered into the roll template.

Edited 1563176370
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wes said: Hey Vince, I haven't run a game of Forbidden Lands yet but mechanics wise the rules are built to have the creatures / npc use a random generator for action usage. A la roll a d6 to figure out what skill to use. (you can also choose). And I believe that they can have upwards of 20 base dice (Ludicrous Amounts of Dice) to resolve that action so if you wanted to use the dice pool system some modifications would have to be ever so gently be hammered into the roll template. 20+ base dice!&nbsp; Ouch.&nbsp; How does that work Wes?&nbsp; After looking over the bestiary in the GM's Guide, I only see a max of 12 base dice for some of the toughest creature's attacks.&nbsp; I see that some monster's have a high STR listed, but "The monster’s Strength is&nbsp; only used to determine how much damage&nbsp; monster can take before it’s Broken. " p73 Looks like I should add 6 more base/attribute dice?
Wes
Sheet Author
I'll take a look later today. To refresh my memory and see what can be done.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wes said: I'll take a look later today. To refresh my memory and see what can be done. Thanks Wes.&nbsp; I'm still learning the system... I'll continue to make improvements to the sheet as I overcome my own ignorance. ;-P
Wes
Sheet Author
Don't underestimate your powers of perception Vince!&nbsp; You are correct they can only attack with up to 12 dice. I'm not sure if those attack dice can be modified by other things. If they can't be modified then the raising the base or attribute dice to 12 should work perfectly for attacks. (All the Modifiers for the characters attacks take place on their skill dice is why I mention this.)&nbsp; Some Creatures can have skills and there are probably times that would come into play. My guess is that they are mostly things like stealth, perception etc. but if a creature ever has a strength based skill then we would need to consider including the ability for the gm to roll that. It makes the dice pool and roll template that is already a becoming unwieldy, even more so.&nbsp; In my opinion that would be&nbsp; way to many toggles in the roll template the way it is currently set up. I think the roll template could be built in a different way using Java Script to build the "value of the roll" when the action buttons are pushed to populate the dice pool. This would alleviate the use of all the toggles that are currently included for showing or not showing the "Dice".

Edited 1563252869
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Wes I'm still sleuthing the ruleset... so I'm holding off making any immediate changes to the dice pool/roll template. Re-doing the dice pool sounds intriguing.&nbsp; Can't wait to see what you come up with. ;-P &nbsp; I believe Cassie is working on a MY0 makeover/new sheet.&nbsp; I'm very curious to see what he has in store for the dice pool. Thanks for your input Wes.&nbsp; You're always welcome. Cheers

Edited 1564853846
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince, a couple of suggestions/requests (and only that, don't feel obligated to implement any of these): When unmounted, Mounts can carry double their normal capacity (pg. 38 of Player's Guide); any chance to get a toggle or something to reflect this? In order for Weapons, Armor, and Shields don't allow us to input the weight, so we must record them in two places for Encumbrance to reflect properly; can we get an option to add weight in those places? Can the Mount section be made a repeating section? There may come a time when we have mounts and pack animals (right now, I'm just using a pack animal) And one issue I'm finding...The Configure icon on the Mount doesn't work. When I inspect the element it seems the checkbox and the gear icon are misaligned: Clicking above the icon does expand the box, though. :) BTW - great sheet...really enjoying using it!

Edited 1564855562
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Finderski from:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7659739/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7659739/</a> Finderski &nbsp;said: Vince, not sure if this is the right place for this, but...this is what we see when we roll weapon attacks: Looks like something may be wrong with the Roll Template? Weapon, spell, other type rolls are not processing the additional roll template into (I believe the rolls are still correct processed); Looks like the api roller doesn't currently handle the additional roll template info.&nbsp; -&nbsp; I'll see what I can do.&nbsp; I haven't spoke with the API roller's author, so maybe they can simply filter out the extra info so it only shows a simple one-word description for the roll...&nbsp; I'm also planning on adding additional Base/Attribute dice as well, so I need to verify that the API roller will also handle that. Mount; Mounts can double capacity when unmounted.&nbsp; - Checkbox/toggle should be easily implemented. Include a "weight" field with armor, shield, and weapons.&nbsp; - Good idea. Make mounts a repeating section for Finderski's pack mule service. ;-P - Should be doable.&nbsp; I might have to stretch my sheet worker chops, but should be doable.&nbsp; Align Mount description cog - will do.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Suddenly, this thread isn't showing me the last few weeks of posts... (wth?) @Finderski&nbsp; Weapon, spell, other type rolls are not processing the additional roll template into (I believe the rolls are still correct processed); Looks like the api roller doesn't currently handle the additional roll template info.&nbsp; -&nbsp; I'll see what I can do.&nbsp; I haven't spoke with the API roller's author, so maybe they can simply filer out the extra info so it only shows a simple one-word description for the roll...&nbsp; Mount; Mounts can double capacity when unmounted.&nbsp; - Checkbox/toggle should be easily implemented. Include a "weight" field with armor, shield, and weapons.&nbsp; - Good idea. Make mounts a repeating section for Finderski's pack mule service. ;-P - Should be doable.&nbsp; I might have to stretch my sheet worker chops, but should be doable.&nbsp; Align Mount description cog - will do. And that's why you're the best! ;)