Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Duplicating Page should copy whole page including all layers

HOW is this not a thing? I'm currently setting up for our first session for a new game I'm running and it's infuriating that I'm having to go through and copy+paste thing from one page to another, especially because if you click on the wrong part of the page before you paste, sometimes the items end up off the grid and you can't reach them to move them back. x.x I'm having to resort to getting a player who has graphics design software to create some objects I need on my map layer as a picture instead of being able to just draw them with the tools in the client.
Gold
Forum Champion
Bloodied Porcelain said: HOW is this not a thing? I'm currently setting up for our first session for a new game I'm running and it's infuriating that I'm having to go through and copy+paste thing from one page to another,&nbsp; With your PRO subscription, you can use the Transmogrifier tool. &nbsp;Make a second game (perhaps called "Holding Tank") and use Transmogrify tool in Roll20 to duplicate the Page into your holding tank, and then duplicate the Page back into your main game. Wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier</a>
+1
Gold said: Bloodied Porcelain said: HOW is this not a thing? I'm currently setting up for our first session for a new game I'm running and it's infuriating that I'm having to go through and copy+paste thing from one page to another,&nbsp; With your PRO subscription, you can use the Transmogrifier tool. &nbsp;Make a second game (perhaps called "Holding Tank") and use Transmogrify tool in Roll20 to duplicate the Page into your holding tank, and then duplicate the Page back into your main game. Wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier</a> If I'm paying you money for functionality, you should make it convenient for me to use. &nbsp;There are all sorts of usability issues like this that are solveable with the current stack that they largely ignore. Something, something, low-hanging fruit.
Intention is to change this with a Canvas pass sometime in the long term.
Yes, please add this functionality!!!!!
Benevolent Tyrant said: Gold said: Bloodied Porcelain said: HOW is this not a thing? I'm currently setting up for our first session for a new game I'm running and it's infuriating that I'm having to go through and copy+paste thing from one page to another,&nbsp; With your PRO subscription, you can use the Transmogrifier tool. &nbsp;Make a second game (perhaps called "Holding Tank") and use Transmogrify tool in Roll20 to duplicate the Page into your holding tank, and then duplicate the Page back into your main game. Wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier</a> If I'm paying you money for functionality, you should make it convenient for me to use. &nbsp;There are all sorts of usability issues like this that are solveable with the current stack that they largely ignore. Something, something, low-hanging fruit. ^^What he said. I shouldn't have to use an outside-of-the-game functionality to make something so laughably simple in game. In the end, it's actually faster for me to just copy paste things from one later to the other than to transmog, but it's still effort-intensive. I pay for PRO for the added functionality and benefits, and this seems like an obvious one that everyone should have, but at the very least PRO subscribers should have.
+1 would save me a lot of time
+1
+1 Duplicating a whole page would save so much time.&nbsp;
I cannot stress enough how important this is. Needs to be top priority.&nbsp;
+1
Bloodied Porcelain said: Benevolent Tyrant said: Gold said: Bloodied Porcelain said: HOW is this not a thing? I'm currently setting up for our first session for a new game I'm running and it's infuriating that I'm having to go through and copy+paste thing from one page to another,&nbsp; With your PRO subscription, you can use the Transmogrifier tool. &nbsp;Make a second game (perhaps called "Holding Tank") and use Transmogrify tool in Roll20 to duplicate the Page into your holding tank, and then duplicate the Page back into your main game. Wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier</a> If I'm paying you money for functionality, you should make it convenient for me to use. &nbsp;There are all sorts of usability issues like this that are solveable with the current stack that they largely ignore. Something, something, low-hanging fruit. ^^What he said. I shouldn't have to use an outside-of-the-game functionality to make something so laughably simple in game. In the end, it's actually faster for me to just copy paste things from one later to the other than to transmog, but it's still effort-intensive. I pay for PRO for the added functionality and benefits, and this seems like an obvious one that everyone should have, but at the very least PRO subscribers should have. "With your PRO subscription , you can use the Transmogrifier tool. Make a second game (perhaps called "Holding Tank")" *Clears throat* Hello, Roll20? I like to make an order of $100 for a year so I can copy pages and eliminate a TON of hassle and Time for making my campaign.&nbsp; What's this? OH... it's not as easy as a click of a button? OH. I have to make ANOTHER campaign to act as a "Holding-Tank"? That just sounds like Duplicating&nbsp;with Extra Steps. ^ I can't believe the word "Duplicate" wasn't&nbsp; a dead ringer for any developer to think. "Hnnmm... Why isn't it copying the WHOLE page..." Should've just called it. "Page-Dimension Copy" stead of "Dublicate."&nbsp;
This is rather upsetting that this topic has been open for so long and not available yet. Do we have an ETA or estimate on when this could be done? I'm a new pro-member, but this seems like a basic need for DMs.&nbsp;

Edited 1512083217
Gold
Forum Champion
Keith M. said: This is rather upsetting that this topic has been open for so long and not available yet. Do we have an ETA or estimate on when this could be done? I'm a new pro-member, but this seems like a basic need for DMs.&nbsp; As a new Pro member, I highly recommend trying the Transmogrify method. It is not as difficult as some posts make it sound. It is more than "one button click" but it is fewer than 8 button clicks. Takes me less than 30 seconds to Transmog-copy a page to a backup campaign and then back into my current campaign. This has the effect of duplicating the entire page including all layers. It's one of the perks that is available to Pro subscribers, so use that advantage.
Gold said: Keith M. said: This is rather upsetting that this topic has been open for so long and not available yet. Do we have an ETA or estimate on when this could be done? I'm a new pro-member, but this seems like a basic need for DMs.&nbsp; As a new Pro member, I highly recommend trying the Transmogrify method. It is not as difficult as some posts make it sound. It is more than "one button click" but it is fewer than 8 button clicks. Takes me less than 30 seconds to Transmog-copy a page to a backup campaign and then back into my current campaign. This has the effect of duplicating the entire page including all layers. It's one of the perks that is available to Pro subscribers, so use that advantage. Good for the Pros, but no one wants to pay the amount of money a Pro has too in order to "save some time" in making their pages. Still a good idea for now to use while this is currently what it is.
Still nothing on the simple "duplicate" department, three months later from the last post. Mmmm... it's like nobody is listening (suspicious frown).
Nolan T. J. said: Intention is to change this with a Canvas pass sometime in the long term. How longer?
There is an API that does this for those with pro.

Edited 1528232523
Really, I have to mess about making extra games. Just give me a copy page button please. Edit oh wait I have to pay even more than my current sub... For a working duplicate page button. Really, I'm a paying customer sort this out. Its a basic tool.&nbsp;
+1
+1 but not D&D specific, i doubt we will have it soon.
This seems like basic functionality and at the moment I am trying to make a few mas that are mostly the same as they all belong to the same tower and the lack of this functionality is driving me up the wall.
+1 for this. &nbsp; Constantly need this function and it isn't available. &nbsp; Very frustrating.
So, to copy your map, you can choose the select button, drag it around your whole map, copy it, then go to the new page and paste it. Or ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v
Pyromanci
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John B. said: So, to copy your map, you can choose the select button, drag it around your whole map, copy it, then go to the new page and paste it. Or ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v but only for the layer your on. If you have multiple layers you have to repeat and whole you get everything lined up properly if you not snapping to grid.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A top tip for this that The Aaron regularly advocates is putting a 1 unit sized token in the top left of the page then using that to line up the group. Once that is in place the rest should be where you need it to be :) Pyromanci said: John B. said: So, to copy your map, you can choose the select button, drag it around your whole map, copy it, then go to the new page and paste it. Or ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v but only for the layer your on. If you have multiple layers you have to repeat and whole you get everything lined up properly if you not snapping to grid.
! +1&nbsp; This is my most wanted feature and would be really helpful
+1 The duplicate is not working properly.&nbsp;
There is a work-around to this, as described above, but this feature seems so essential for efficiency sake. Make it the "duplicate page" button, as the name implies? +1
+1 please
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
This featured is Queued, but waiting on some clean up of the interaction between the VTT and the game database.
+1
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Just an update to let you know, we are continuing work on the updates to the VTT, including Animations and Advanced Fog of War. As those are completed, we will slot this in the development schedule. Look for an update then.

Edited 1552079070
Robert R.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Oh, very nice to know that's on the docket then!
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
We continue to support updates to the VTT, and are nearing the point where we can schedule the development of this enhancement.
Pleeeeeease do this! I just tried to duplicate a page and it did... Like nothing...
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Supporting recent updates to the VTT continue, and we will be planning the update that will include this change shortly.
YASSSS!&nbsp;
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
The Bring Your Own Beat update &nbsp;has been launched, and we are scheduling the next updates. One of those is going to be an update to the Page Menu.&nbsp; At the very least, this will be included in that update &nbsp;
I am very excited about this change and was about to open an improvement myself for it. It will be a high impact change for me. Often I will sketch my own maps and as I transition from exterior to interior, I wish to duplicate, move things, and pick up on the edge of where I left off on a new page.
Kenton said: Supporting recent updates to the VTT continue, and we will be planning the update that will include this change shortly. Any news on this?&nbsp; I really want this.
+1 !
"Duplicate" by it's core definition is to make a copy of something. "Duplicate Page" therefore should actually create a duplicate of the page so that my players and I do not have to go through the rigmarole of importing everything over again. Very disappointed that this has been mentioned in the forums for over 2 years and has not yet been fixed. Either change the name of the setting or make it match what it actually says. "Create a New Page" by it's very nature is almost exactly the same as "duplicate page" right now. :(&nbsp;
+1 What Paul H Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This thing is two years old, and the most recent post is three weeks ago... Seriously, I don't want to copy between games, ok fine I am ok with paying for that, but with in the same game... how is that not a thing. Oh right... Need basic functions, pay 100 bucks a month.
Kenton said: The Bring Your Own Beat update &nbsp;has been launched, and we are scheduling the next updates. One of those is going to be an update to the Page Menu.&nbsp; At the very least, this will be included in that update &nbsp; Hi, Kenton How is the progress on this feature? Cheers, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Joan
Its been 5 years, kind of unacceptable that this isnt a thing yet.