Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Check acting strange

does anyone know why some of these numbers are coming up non bold and can't be hovered over to show a formula.
It also seems to be causing an issue with average rolls.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you run the config to properly set it for your chosen sheet?
keithcurtis said: Have you run the config to properly set it for your chosen sheet? Yes I have it set up for the 5e OGL sheet.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can take a look if you invite me to the game and make me a GM.
It is actually happening in all my games.

Edited 1565151336
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I can confirm, it is also happening in all of my games as well - this is in several long term 5e campaigns that I have been using the script in for months without issue, configured for the official 5e sheet (the oldest one is well over a year old).
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can see the problem, though I don't know yet what is causing it. There has been a recent change to the 5E-OGL roll formula, this may be the cause of the problem. I'm going to investigate when I have time.

Edited 1565290415
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What seems to be happening is that once the complexity of a sent message, in terms of a large number of (nested?) inline rolls, is too large, the API will randomly stop sending results as inline rolls in the result message if the sendChat callback is being used (this behaviour seems to be nondeterministic). This only occurs with --process, since GroupCheck sends a direct message otherwise. The reason that this is showing up now is that I recently made the formula more complex (=added nested inline rolls) to deal with the OGL sheet's nonsensical treatment of proficiency dice and general bugs in the API roll parser. I know how to fix this, but it may be a bit before I can test this properly.
Jakob said: What seems to be happening is that once the complexity of a sent message, in terms of a large number of (nested?) inline rolls, is too large, the API will randomly stop sending results as inline rolls in the result message if the sendChat callback is being used (this behaviour seems to be nondeterministic). This only occurs with --process, since GroupCheck sends a direct message otherwise. The reason that this is showing up now is that I recently made the formula more complex (=added nested inline rolls) to deal with the OGL sheet's nonsensical treatment of proficiency dice and general bugs in the API roll parser. I know how to fix this, but it may be a bit before I can test this properly. Thank you for giving us the update! Appreciate your work as always!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the update Jakob! I'll look forward to the eventual update. :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Might be related to this?&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6778746/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6778746/slug%7D</a>
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks similar, except that Group B+C were empty and the rolls are replaced by some number that looks like it might be the result of the roll. I haven't checked if all the subrolls were assigned the correct index ... In any case, it was relatively simple to work around it by sending all of the rolls in parallel instead of sending them in one large message (+1 for Promise.all :) ).