Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add/Move Players to new games (opt-out instead of opt-in)

I play primarily with the same group and each time we move to a new campaign or module it is a bit of a hassle to do initial setup.  Each player has to click an invite link, but once they do they cannot do anything in the game until I assign a character sheet to them.  And I can't assign a character sheet to the player until they have clicked the link. It would be much easier if I could just add them to the new game, without this confirmation step.  For existing Roll20 users that doesn't seem too unreasonable.  Or perhaps a 'friends list' could be created so that those people could opt in to being added to any games by a particular GM. This way, I could create a new game, add the players who have played with me before, and assign resources to them in the game.  The first time the players launch the new game, they will be able to immediately start working on their character creation (or whatever other task I have asked them to do for preparation). There is (or was) a script for automatically creating characters the first time a user joins a game, which is an OK workaround.  But it doesn't help with other resources, e.g. if I have handouts for each player with particular background knowledge that I want them to have for the campaign.
Heya! Just wanted to give you a workaround that could save you some frustration. What I do is make a copy of a game where all my players are, though I copy nothing but the player list. If you have players you don't want to join then, you can manually remove them once the game has been created.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .