Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E by Roll20 Sheet v. 2.7 (Q3Y2019)

Edited 1570125463
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings D&D enthusiast! The thread for all things D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet related including both the sheet itself and the Charactermancers. This the place for to collect known issues, bug reports, and see recent changes. We've been hard at work getting Pathfinder Second Edition off the ground but you can expect more D&D 5E updates coming soon. Thanks for all your feedback & help, :) Cassie Levett User Collaboration Team Lead Known Issues & Feature Request (Updated 19 August 2019) Character Sheet NPC spell casters have the old spell section showing. Short term solution is to set attribute  npcspell_flag  to 0. The section is in the process of being deprecated and removed. As a response to user feedback we are investigating & testing old modules and potentially transfer for older spells to the new section. Feature request for additional ability input for Sanity & Honor rules from the DMG. API update to support  eventinfo . This isn't specific to the D&D 5E sheet but api users here have reported the impact. Global Damage Modifier for Crits does not support double digits such as 10d6. Due to regex in the code. Mancer Level One Subclasses, Warlock Patron, and other  select  populates with Classes if you exit the Mancer via the exit in the top left then open the sheet again. Lizard Folk  are not receiving their armor bonus Mancer Level Up When you make a selection and click "Next," the selection is saved. If you go back and change the selection, it won't apply the change to. You'll have to exit out of the Charactermancer Level Up, selecting "Discard and Exit," and relaunch it to start over and make your new choice. You cannot replace class features (example: Eldritch Invocations, monk elemental disciplines) when leveling up. When multiclassing with more than one spellcasting class, the spell selector does not know which class uses which spell. Double check the spellcasting ability and class in the character sheet for each spell by going to the Spells tab and clicking the gear icon next to the spell. This also sometimes results in duplicate spells, such as when selecting a spell that you already get (like a domain spell) as a spell from the other spellcasting class. Pre-requisites do not validate (except for level requirements on Eldritch Invocations and monk Elemental Disciplines) The optional rule Feats is not supported. However, you can drag and drop feats from the compendium onto your character sheet after completing the Charactermancer. Note that, for now, doing so doesn't mechanically change your character sheet; it just adds the item to your Features list on the character sheet. Level caps on classes haven't been implemented; you can have 20 levels in each class. The Review slide is not complete and a more informative version is coming in a future update. Select menus duplicate entries. This is particularly noticeable in  Subclasses  select. Choosing either of the duplicates will work. Class-Specific Known Issues (Updated 19 August 2019) Barbarian : Brutal Critical will not modify your attack rolls. Bard, College of Lore:  Spell selection is not support Druid,  Circle of the Land : When selecting your circle spells at later levels, it will not remember your previous choice for land type and you will have to reselect it. Fighter,  Champion : Improved Critical and Superior Critical will not modify your attack rolls. Warlock,  Eldritch Invocations : Agonizing Blast, Eldritch Spear, Repelling Blast will not modify the spell roll.  Divine Spellcasters : The number of spells you can select and therefore prepare may be inaccurate due to domain and oath spells. You can drag and drop spells onto your character sheet after finishing to add them to the spells you might prepare after a long rest. Warlock, Pact of Tome  have issues with cantrip selection Clicking the info button next to a spell name does not result in the spell description being shown in the side window.   When adding a level where that level does not grant a spellcaster a new cantrip, there are garbage characters above the spell list .  When leveling up a warlock through the charactermancer you can not choose the Mystic Arcanum spells Ability Scores Written Incorrectly when Adjusted by an Item Change Log 20 August 2019: Bug fix on the Spellcasting Ability 27 August 2019: Bug fix for Drag & Drop and the sheet popup menu. Additional translations added for Charactermancer. Report Issue Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /  Subclass : Description of issue :  Try being as detailed as possible when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken will let us follow the same path in trying to replicate & test the issue. Screenshots: A picture is worth a 1,000 words and a Gif 10,000. Mancer Issues Template Class(es) : Subclass :  Race : Level(s) : Description of issue :  Documenting the exact steps you've taken & choices you've made will let us follow your path in our quest of troubleshooting. Screenshots are always welcome.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Repeated from the previous thread , since it is not mentioned in the issues above: Originally posted by  Whick K. : Sheet Issues Class(es) /  Subclass : Multiclass with Warlock as second class Description of issue : Spell slots and spell tracking API / Counting Slots manually. It seems that the Warlock spell slots are not added to the sheet anywhere I can see linked with spell casting, and even if I manually add them on the settings page to add 2 spells at 2nd lvl at this point, it will not take those slots when casting a warlock spell, plus if I read the spellcasting stuff properly the slots can be used to cast any known spell that is 2nd or first level when multiclassed, not just warlock spells.  I have tried setting the CLASS to Warlock on the spell window in the spell description at the bottom, but this seems to do nothing.  For example I cast Hex, it casts at level 1 not level 2 and when using the API spelltracking it removes a level 1 slot. I guess the query is twofold, is there a way for the warlock slots to add to the sheet automatically, and is there a way to get a drop down selection, similar to the level query for spell casting as a class query so the sheet can then remove the correct spell slot?  This would also mean I can use the API for spell tracking.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Keith! I tried to grab them all.

Edited 1566272499
Feature Request: On the NPC variant of this sheet, allow Abilities and Reactions to be printed into the chat like Actions and Legendary Actions can be. Actions: Reactions:
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am not sure if I should be posting this here or starting a new thread. In my campaign I just started working on, I have tried to load a Monster Manual NPC after dropping it on the table. The NPC information for the character sheet is just gone, there nothing there no matter which NPC Monster I pull down. I am using a roll20 5e character sheet. Is this a character sheet issue that is known?
Found an issue with the sheet: When a sheet is set to NPC and its armor class is defined in the NPC sheet section, this is not reflected in the token when a token linked to the sheet is set to have one of its three bars represent armor class (it defaults to 10).
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Version 2.701 Bug Fix Spellcasting Ability words were too high. Fixed the CSS so they are back where they need to be. Code Heath Improved code health by bettering the versioning attribute to allow for future improvements
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
PrincessFairy Can you name me three of the monsters you've experience this with? I am seeing it as well and will be investigating the issue. It would be helpful if I tested with three monsters we both know to be broken.  Thanks, Cassie
Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /  Subclass : Missing Monster Stats When Uploading From Compendium This is the exact same issue PrincessFairy is experiencing. When I tried to upload a monster from the compendium to the my game, the profile and descriptions will carry across, but when I reopen the sheet in the game, the stats, abilities, and attacks are gone. The monsters I tested were "Weretiger", "Boar", "Giant Boar", and "Kobold Scale Sorcerer" (the last one from the Volo pack I purchased a week ago) Screenshots:
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Paschal D. Thank you for the monster list! A number of people have been reporting it but it's an intermittent issue and has been hard to track down. Having the monster list and screen shots really help. :) - Cassie

Edited 1566576940
I don't know if this is related but I cannot seem to make an NPC sheet anymore. When I create a new sheet it doesn't give me the option to make it an NPC sheet or to use charactermancer. Simply gives me a blank PC sheet. I'm also having issues with dragging new sheets in from the compendium. I know it was functioning normally last night as late as 1AM CST.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Riviak said: I don't know if this is related but I cannot seem to make an NPC sheet anymore. When I create a new sheet it doesn't give me the option to make it an NPC sheet or to use charactermancer. Simply gives me a blank PC sheet. I'm also having issues with dragging new sheets in from the compendium. I know it was functioning normally last night as late as 1AM CST. You can go to the "Settings" tab(Cog Icon next to spell tab) and there select the checkbox labeled "NPC". Scrolling further down on the same page you find the option to manually turn on the Charmancer.

Edited 1566581745
Thanks, this was helpful but still having an issue with pulling out of the compendium.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7709002/loading-monsters-from-the-compendium-onto-the-map-brings-them-in-with-blank-character-sheet/?pageforid=7712107#post-7712107" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7709002/loading-monsters-from-the-compendium-onto-the-map-brings-them-in-with-blank-character-sheet/?pageforid=7712107#post-7712107</a>
I can get it to work if I do it over and over but most of the time just gives a blank PC sheet.
I would say half of the monsters I tried to use had this issue.&nbsp; I tried the check box for NPC but this did not help me.&nbsp; I first discovered the issue trying to use the fire giant.&nbsp; Then it was just a shot gun approach to see what monsters I could use, without recreating the stats by hand.

Edited 1566647422
My list could go on all night.&nbsp; Something else to note that may be helpful (what do I know) is that the monster's tokens I drag over are all the same size when I drag them over into the 5x5 grid.&nbsp; As in, my red dragon token was the same size as the halfling token.
Just trying to be helpful, not attacking roll20.&nbsp; So I just wanted to ad one more thing.&nbsp; I get duplicate monsters in my compendium list.&nbsp; I look for the "fire Giant" monster, and I see 2 of them.&nbsp; I can drag either or both. Both don't have the stats.
I continue to have this issue almost a week later. This is quite frustrating with only minimal acknowledgement from the Roll20 team (unless I've missed a fix mentioned in one of the threads I've been checking). Everything worked fine before. I'm really unsure about what happened to cause the issue. I purchased the Monster Manual on here for a reason, and currently that reason isn't functional. Marking the NPC box only makes the blank character sheet a blank npc template, it doesn't fix anything.&nbsp; Okay, rant over.&nbsp;
Black Rabbit said: My list could go on all night.&nbsp; Something else to note that may be helpful (what do I know) is that the monster's tokens I drag over are all the same size when I drag them over into the 5x5 grid.&nbsp; As in, my red dragon token was the same size as the halfling token. Same here. Every sheet I pulled was blank.&nbsp; I used a Shadow Demon and Goristro,&nbsp;

Edited 1566842517
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings D&amp;D crew, I've wrote a fix for the new sheet popup to work again. That is currently in QA. I'm looking into the monsters not completely loading now. Edit : This is a rough one to investigate. When testing this morning, only 1 of 10 monsters broke as needed to investigate. For anyone reporting the issue can you let me know the day &amp; time you're seeing it. Especially if it's happening with every drop. You can use your local timezone. I'll convert it. :) Edit : I haven't found the why its breaking but I may have found the fix. I'll keep you posted. Thanks, Cassie

Edited 1566840550
Cassie said: Greetings D&amp;D crew, I've wrote a fix for the new sheet popup to work again. That is currently in QA. I'm looking into the monsters not completely loading now. Edit : This is a rough one to investigate. When testing this morning, only 1 of 10 monsters broke as needed to investigate. For anyone reporting the issue can you let me know the day &amp; time you're seeing it. Especially if it's happening with every drop. You can use your local timezone. I'll convert it. :) Thanks, Cassie Edit: Scratch that Shadow Demon and Goristro still do not work on any browser. I'm sure there are others like it.
Hey all: I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm using 5e Charactermancer and something seems screwy recently. It doesn't ask whether I want to create Character or NPC. It jumps me to a blank character sheet. This is new. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it a setting thing?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings William, I have a fix going out tomorrow for that. You can access the Charactermancer in the Options by clicking the button manually.&nbsp;
Awesome. Yes, I figured I could it manually, but I love the NPC feature. Thanks!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings users, The character sheet options popup is working and initial testing of Monsters dropping appears to also be working. Please let me know if anyone is still experience these issues. Additionally more Charactermancer text has been added to translation JSON increasing our internationalization accessibility. Thanks, Cassie
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, Cassie! This has been a particularly frustrating bug.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
My apologies Keith. It was my fault. :( I made a change and our testing didn't account for it. Its fixed now and we've got some new knowledge to improve QA. - Cassie
PogS
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It would be cool to have a place to list Ki points for monks.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
PogS said: It would be cool to have a place to list Ki points for monks. The Core page have a generic section for class resources.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mancer Issues Template (Level Up) Class(es) : Any Spellcaster Subclass : Any Spellcaster Race : any Level(s) : any beyond first Description of issue :&nbsp; Clicking the info button next to a spell name does not result in the spell description being shown in the side window. This works on Character Mancer creator, which uses a different display mode (drop downs instead of a check list), but not on Level Up. I have found where this has been reported before, but it is not in the list of known issues. Behavior is identical in Chrome and Firefox.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mancer Issues Template (Level Up) Class(es) : Any Spellcaster Subclass : Any Spellcaster Race : any Level(s) : any beyond first where a new cantrip is NOT granted Description of issue :&nbsp; When adding a level where that level does not grant a spellcaster a new cantrip, there are garbage characters above the spell list. Behavior is identical in Chrome and Firefox.
In my game Presonia, I have a character where the character sheet auto functions (attacks, spells, etc) no longer work, I get error code on most of them, and then nothing on others. I have had similar glitches on a smaller level happen to character sheets, but those have been corrected by deleting an item or spell, and dropping it back onto the character sheet. This one has the same problem when it is redropped.
can there be added support for hexblades curse? because it gives you a global attack mod based on your proficiency and gives you a 19 to crit to anything that you have chosen to target.&nbsp; this affects spell damage aswell as normal attacks. currently i cant do a global attack mod based on proficiency or a global crit mod that i can toggle. please can you fix this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Check to make sure you do not have multiple copies of that character (i.e. using the same name), in the game. Mosalan said: In my game Presonia, I have a character where the character sheet auto functions (attacks, spells, etc) no longer work, I get error code on most of them, and then nothing on others. I have had similar glitches on a smaller level happen to character sheets, but those have been corrected by deleting an item or spell, and dropping it back onto the character sheet. This one has the same problem when it is redropped.

Edited 1567900162
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nick said: can there be added support for hexblades curse? because it gives you a global attack mod based on your proficiency and gives you a 19 to crit to anything that you have chosen to target.&nbsp; this affects spell damage aswell as normal attacks. currently i cant do a global attack mod based on proficiency or a global crit mod that i can toggle. please can you fix this? Here's a workaround for a universal crit range mod: Create an attribute on your character called critrange. Give it a value of 19. In the critical range field of all your attacks, where it normally says "20", type in @{critrange}. This will change the crit range of all of your attacks with this modification to 19. To toggle it, change the value back to 20 and it will update on all attacks. Here's a workaround for the global damage mod based on proficiency Create a normal Global Damage Mod. In the "damage" field, put "@{pb}". This will create a global damage mod that scales with your proficiency bonus.
Feature Request: &nbsp;With the release of Ghosts of Saltmarsh, is there any way to add a section to the character sheet for ships (or vehicles in general)? At the moment it can be jury-rigged a bit with the NPC sheet, but a proper section would be quite nice.
Feature Request: &nbsp;Can we get an option to set crit ranges for attacks on NPC sheets?
Quoting the convo from here so it isn't lost. Gen Kitty &nbsp;said: Ashton &nbsp;said: Dylan C. &nbsp;said: When leveling up a warlock through the charactermancer I can not choose the Mystic Arcanum spells. I click the button but nothing happens. In case it matters I am trying it on a tiefling warlock pact of the chain The current Roll20 D&amp;D 5e Charactermancer is not feature complete for small use cases such as some warlock abilities. Thank you for letting us know about this issue, and I hope to have more news for you soon! Uh, this is something that&nbsp; every single warlock &nbsp;has need of, once they reach 11th/13th/15th/17th level.&nbsp; This isn't a case of a one-off or weirdness, this is core warlock progression no matter one's pact or patron.
Moving report here. I also confirmed that selecting the acolyte background, in my test, did not add the gold pieces from the background. WØLF &nbsp;said: Character mancer launching Level 1 is not adding the currency from backgrounds.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings D&amp;D players, I just wanted to let you know I'm still reading all of your comments. The UC team needed additional members to help with the backlog for D&amp;D 5e. I'm happy to announce we have made significant progress on that front. Fixing Charactermancer issues, organizing our feature request, and other general improvements for the D&amp;D 5e sheet are going to be coming more frequently.&nbsp; Thanks, Cassie Levett User Collaboration Team Lead
Cassie said: Greetings D&amp;D players, I just wanted to let you know I'm still reading all of your comments. The UC team needed additional members to help with the backlog for D&amp;D 5e. I'm happy to announce we have made significant progress on that front. Fixing Charactermancer issues, organizing our feature request, and other general improvements for the D&amp;D 5e sheet are going to be coming more frequently.&nbsp; Thanks, Cassie Levett User Collaboration Team Lead Awesome to hear!
I’ve noticed that on the core page the edges of boxes don’t line up with the box. &nbsp;For example in the hit dice box I have two thick lines that look like borders going through the box and making it hard to read what there. &nbsp;That’s the main one but other boxes like proficiencies and the features are slightly shifted while others still like the stats are just fine. &nbsp;Has anyone else noticed this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you post a screen shot so others can compare?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Version&nbsp;v2.711 Bug Fix Draconic Sorcerers &amp; Hill Dwarfs now apply their +1 bonus to HP in the Charactermancers.
Feature Request: Add {{crit=1}} toggle to &amp;{template:atkdmg} and &amp;{template:npcaction} roll templates. Would be nice to be able to always have crit rolls shown for the attack+damage roll templates without having to use the attack and damage templates separately.
Hello Guys. I have all D&amp;D5E books purchased from the Roll20 Marketplace for use with my compendium on my tables, but when using the Player's HandBook, I didn't find Warlock's Eldritch Invocations, just the link that doesn't open anything. Anyone else with the same problem or who knows where to locate them?
Feature Request: Support for Spell Point Variant Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : All spellcasters Description of issue :&nbsp; Implement support for the spell points variant on pg 288 of the DMG. Feature Request: Conditions Tracker Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : All Description of issue :&nbsp; A simple toggle for each condition, perhaps with a quick description of the condition on hover Screenshots: