Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat Archive Updates Bug Thread

This morning we pushed code that updates chat archives, Chat Archive Changes We also posted changes to the Chat Archives feature, which you can find on the Game Details page under the Content drop-down menu.  Now when you open the chat archive, you will see an updated set of controls at the top of the page: The  First/Newer/Older/Last  controls provide page navigation through your archives. Tip: If you are trying to skip to a specific page, you can add &p= number  to the end of the URL to skip directly to that page. Show on One Page  displays all your chat archives on one page. Note : If you have a very large chat archive, showing all archives on one page will break your game. You'll know you have this kind of game because you'd have had that problem before we paginated archives. Tip : Use this view to download your chat archive as HTML. Hide Whispers  hides (and shows) whispered messages and character sheet rolls between players and the GM.  Hide Private Rolls  hides (and shows) private rolls (via the /gmroll command). The  Return to Details Page  link sends you back to the Game Details page. There's been some confusion about how the chat archive pagination works. The first page of your chat archive contains the most recent 100 lines from the chat log. Page 2 and beyond contain the chat logs from any 24-hour period in which there was a chat log entry. So, for example, if you play once a week, your chat archive pages will roughly correspond to one page per session. Additionally, we fixed a bug where the chat archives reloaded to the first page when showing/hiding whispers on subsequent pages. Please post your feedback on these changes in the chat archives feedback thread. Thanks!
The return of logs as one page is a very welcome one. But is a proper download feature that doesn't rely on browser/external tools being worked upon? Especially for those people that have problems to load huge chatlogs as one page.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kraff said: The return of logs as one page is a very welcome one. But is a proper download feature that doesn't rely on browser/external tools being worked upon? Especially for those people that have problems to load huge chatlogs as one page. How would that work? The chat logs are heavily formatted with css and html. If you were to remove the browser from the process, they would be nearly unreadable. 
I just wanna chime in a thanks. Paged logs was going to be an issue, but you guys responded, and I'm satisfied. Sure, an automatic, or one-button download would be cool, but printing to PDF and/or "Select All" copy/paste has worked fine for me so far. Thanks.
Quinn
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for this update! If I could ask for anything, it would be duplicating the nav buttons at the bottom of the page. That way, if I want to read multiple pages of a log, I wouldn't need to scroll back up to the top after finishing each page.